Money wasn't a big thing for me and I know I'm privileged to think that way. Growing up with famous parents, people think everything is handed to you but that's not the case with my parents. I had an allowance as a kid but not as big as what people may expect. It was reasonable for a kid who just wanted to hang out with her friends. They only stopped giving me an allowance when I began earning for myself and even then I avoided spending too much.

We passed by Navi's apartment, Charles choosing to stay in the car since he had to take a meeting with his team principal. Navi offered her spare room for him to take but he denied it, saying he didn't want to risk being seen entering her apartment.

This is Italy after all and Ferrari was a brand that everyone knew and loved.

Navi pulled out a small suitcase and began packing some clothes for the weekend. I scoured her closet as well, looking for something to wear for the wedding, when she spoke up.

"So Charles..." She said, giving me a look as I chose among her dresses.

"What about Charles?"

"Val, there's no use lying to me." She smirked before entering her bathroom and coming out with a bag of makeup and toiletries.

I ignored her and pulled out a purple dress that had lace details in the front and a sweetheart neckline. "He's Charles— neighbor-slash-friend." 

I neatly folded up the dress and placed it inside her suitcase before Navi closed it up. She placed the suitcase on the floor before turning to me, hands on her hips and left eyebrow raised. All she needed was a cigarette right now and she'd complete the look. "Oh my god, you don't see it?" I lightly shook my head at her, not knowing what the hell she was talking about. "Val, you like him."

I unconsciously scoffed and before I could even stop myself, I said, "I know I do but—" I clamped my mouth shut and an ear-splitting grin formed on Navi's face. "Oh fuck."

"There's nothing to be worried about. It's obvious he likes you too." She shrugged, pulling on her suitcase and walking towards the door. I stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds before I realized she was waiting for me.

"He doesn't."

"You're stressing me out. I need a cigarette." She said but didn't bring one out because we were going to be in the car in less than a few minutes. "I'm telling you. He looked like the heart-eye emoji when we were in the car. How long have you guys been close?"

We walked out of her apartment and Charles got out to place her luggage in the boot. I lowered my voice down to a whisper since he was within earshot. "Around the time I began preparing for Aurora's wedding so that was—"

"WHAT?"

Oh fuck. I'm gonna get it now.

*****

Navi spent the entire car ride either complaining about why she wasn't informed that Aurora's married or asking details about what's happened the past three weeks. My best friend is a whirlwind and I pray for the person who will end up with her someday. I hope they have enough patience and endurance for her sarcasm.

We stopped by Aurora's cafe first and luckily, there weren't that much customers around.

"Mi amor!" [My love!] Navi yelled, causing every single eye in the cafe to turn to her. She spread her arms wide as Aurora gasped in surprise and ran to hug her.

"I didn't know you were coming." Aurora said before pulling back, a huge smile on her face.

"It's a good thing Val decided to pick me up because if I miss your wedding, I'm going to kill the both of you." Navi pointed a finger at the two of us before dragging Aurora away, asking her to make a drink and probably fishing for some new gossip.

I felt Charles stand beside me as we both looked at Navi and Aurora talk by the counter. "Your best friend is..." He trailed off, not knowing how to describe her.

"Loud? Intense? Sarcastic?" I said and he chuckled before bumping my hip with his.

"I was going to say great to be nice, but your description seems very fitting." He smiled and I shook my head. I noticed Navi turn back to look at us, a smirk on her face, before she whispered something to Aurora. "I'll leave you to have some quality time." He said, handing me back my keys.

"How are you going home?"

Charles shrugged, tucking his hands into the pocket of his hoodie. "I'll walk. It's been a while since I took some time to myself." I suddenly felt worried but Charles waved a hand, telling me that everything was okay. "You can't help me with all of my choices, Bellerose." He patted my head before brushing a few strands of hair away from my face. "Besides, it's a choice that I feel like I already know the answer to." He showed me a smile before pulling me into a hug, the left side of my head touching his cheek.

"Don't forget to lock your door." I said, pinching his side since he always forgot about that. Charles chuckled before stepping away and giving me a salute.

"Ciao, bella."

*****

Sorry for the short chapter 😬 the wedding chapter's next and I'm expecting around 3-4k words for that :))

Reese