"Don't worry about me, the job wasn't important, and I only applied because I love Alex and I was bored. Emilia needs it a hundred more times than I do. It also helped you get your job, so it's a win-win." Apollo nodded his head then took the lyric book from my hands.

"Your lyrics are beautiful, truly. I didn't mean to intrude or pry in your private stuff. I was just curious! That's not an excuse, bu-"

The brunette man let out an airy chuckle. "I wasn't mad about the lyric book, I was bad about the instant lie you gave me, even if it was unbelievable." He flipped to a page scattered with unfinished lines of lyrics.

"I would write these whenever we sat under the jasmine tree." His fingers pointed to various lyrics on that page.

Under the jasmine at night

a breeze and flowers beside me

The branches are above me, leaning

wiping away my eye's tears

I looked up to see a small smile dancing on his lips. "I had a few versions of it, I didn't know if I wanted to turn them into separate verses or not." His finger moved from the lyrics I just read to a new set of lyrics.

Under the jasmine tree, I sat

I adjusted the lute and sangMy tears flowed and i cried...I remembered you and how you used to come to me

"You really are talented." I whispered in awe as I read the countless things he wrote.

His fingers flipped though the notebook's pages again, stopping on the page I previously read. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment.

"I may have read that page..." I picked my nails to ease my awkwardness.

"Remember the lyrics I promised I would write about your eyelashes? Here they are."

"Yeah, I noticed." My fingers stopped fidgeting.

A small smile formed on his lips and a chuckle escaped them. Apollo closed his notebook and threw it aside, then laid down on the bed with his head on my lap. My fingers moved on their own accord and wrapped themselves around his locks of night-dark hair.

"Apollo?" He hummed a 'yes'. "What the real reason you were mad, because I doubt it was about the job offer."

He lifted his head to meet my eyes. "Remember the 'friends' I had in Highschool?" I nodded my head.

"My parents never knew that they were bad people, especially my dad, because at that time, I would have never confided in him."

His eyes closed as he breathed in and out, calming himself down. "He thought I need to confront my past. So, he called them over so I can 'reminisce' on the good days. They're visiting in two days, once it's spring break."

Distraught laughs escaped my throat, forming a confused expression on Apollo's face. My laughs slowly quieted down; I was able to form a few coherent words.

"I Guess our spring break is going to suck ass."

"Why is yo- Oh, your parents!" His face shifted as he chuckled at our misery.

"At least I'll hope you'll be there with me when they come. My dad only asked them to have dinner with me. They're staying on their own." I laid down beside him as he spoke.