Chapter 2

The gathering of people in this crowded city always left an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. As if a warning siren was going off.

But I never minded that feeling. If I always let the feeling of danger stop me from continuing on with my daily life I wouldn't even have one at all.

    But there are some precautions I take. Everyday I dress in a tunic, old worn boots, and my old cloak that hides my face.

   A common outfit fit for.... well a boy. It is very dangerous and most women are not well represented in present time. We had shifted back to they old ways of they world. For what past leaders thought would start us anew.

   So that left a sort of respect but not in rights for women. Unless you were the queen. She had high rule maybe equality for they King and her both.

     But that also left the respect for women now in sort of unclear form as most would say. I once liked imagining a happy world full of honest people. But that was when I was younger.

   I would dream about a new story to the one I am told to be stuck with. Now my life is full of they reality most of us are cursed with. But I still find myself drifting. But only in they slightest bit. I seem to find a fascination in wonder.

   Even now as I make my way through they large crowded streets full of rambling people telling of they events and problems they have. Occasionally I would spot a young child running to play.

   Still anew and I marvel at they ignorance most receive until it is taken from them in their older years. But now I have to remind myself it is not they time to wonder and drift, but to strike a deal.

   I marched through they crowds of extremely poor and through the unpleasant response of they richer class who wrinkle their nose at they sight of my fellow companions and I.

     Their fancy sashes, silk gloves, fine lace cloaks, robes, and glow would catch they attention of most. Of course it only left me in in unfathomable disgust.

    I just walked past them to they market place full of faded carts and desperate dwellers trying to bring home some money to support their families. 

    I just nodded curtly to they look of pleading eyes and hunger that filled the area. Swiftly I continued  to my destination to strike my deal.

But sometimes I wonder if what was to come was really worth it all.