Chaper 1

The small city was bustling with squeaking carts and a scent of new hope. The fallen faces of they old and the brightness of they young. But even then, there was slight disfunction.

You see most do not see they city quite like I do. I can't imagine how others must see me. A girl with auburn hair and dull green eyes.

  Maybe my extreme quality of being unhealthily thin. It was funny to think our past society was once about how I look now.

I think it is disgusting.

Times have changed. It is now a goal to weigh more than a sliver of hay. But not that I was a sight to see considering my "position" as they king would put it. We each are sorted into three classes: they arc's, they common, and fielders.

I was part of they common as well as most of they united lands. Poor is my middle name or at least that is what they soldiers apparently think.
Well you see I am different I do not handle their extreme rudeness like others.

I see the world in a ....distortion as you could say. My life has revolved around one thing: a simplicity of understanding I was not like they others.

From a young age this was drilled into my head that I was different and separated from they other girls.
From they very poor orphanage I had been raised in.

But that is not my home. My dream is to make a home or at least make it to a home.

That vile place that was cruel and unforgiving. I only had a slight glimmer of light in they apparent cold world. That was my best friend Jamie. But she was taken long ago and she still put me first.

They only person to ever even come close to showing me kindness was taken away from me. I was not happy when they soldiers tore down our orphanage. In search of who knows what.

   A coin maybe. But they took all of them. Every girl from five through 18 leaving they not to friendly Ms. Allis in an unpleasant state.

   Watching all of her basic slaves she used to receive an extra sum for the month from they taxes collected. Of course she had no worry for us.

    Just they money she would receive to buy herself fine meat, and let us receive nothing but a sliver of table scraps which consisted of flat bread. But that was not they worst.

She worked nearly most girls to death. If a girl died of sickness no tears would be shed and a paddling or caning would be made public if anyone were to cry a single droplet of remorse.

I've learned a brave face over they many years considering I knew nothing else. But when Jamie had come into this new world it was as if it was my duty to protect her no matter what they cost.

An extra beating is nothing if it meant to protect what is basically my family. But when they took her away I was hysteric. I kicked, screamed, punched, spit you name it. I had no care for my safety. But she had other plans.

She somehow tricked they guard and got him to drop me. When I briskly hit they ground she shoved me and grabbed the soldiers sword and sliced his cheek with trembling hands. Her last words were run.

   It that was they last time I would ever see her again. And I did what she told me to do with tears streaming down my face. Just they memory made a sliver of crystal tears slide down my checks.

But I quickly pulled they slivers of a cloak I was distributed 2 years ago by they orphanage and stood up to start a new day in they village which was a journey from home. Which was necessary for my survival.