CHAPTER 6

Jay along with his friends reached the hostel and they said their goodbyes as each walked back to their dormitories.

Jay pushed open the door to his room. He was greeted with the sight of a tired Rishi leaning against the bedrest.

"How are you feeling now," he inquired about Rishi's wellbeing.

"Much better than yesterday." He replied in a low voice.

"I realised a universal truth after your absence." Jay began his usual drama.

"What." Rishi asked him tiredly rolling his eyes at him.

"That you are so popular among the girls." Jay replied cheekily.

"That was so lame." Rishi deadpanned.

"I am serious. You have no idea how many girls came up to me to ask about you. They also asked me to bring their messages to you." Jay explained but it earned no interest from Rishi.

"But I never thought Shriya to be one of them." Jay brought her name to see whether this time Rishi will take the bait.

As he expected he took the bait. He now had Rishi's full attention on him.

Jay suppressed his mischievous smile and continued in a serious tone.

"There is this new girl in our class. She is very lively and easy to get along with. I am sure both of you will hit it off. Since she is almost like you."

Rishi was becoming impatient. The topic that had got his attention was cleverly avoided by Jay.

Jay talked about many irrelevant things. Even though Rishi wanted to stop him to ask him about Shriya he did not dare to.

He controlled his urge because he knew his friend's temperament. If Jay was to get wind about his crush on Shriya. Then he would not leave him alone.

Jay realised he would not get anything out of Rishi with this small bait. But he would not give up so easily.

'Rishi you just wait I will make you say it.' Jay laughed at the thought of embarrassing his friend.

"What are you laughing about." Rishi asked him.

Jay didn't realise he had laughed out loud. "Nothing." He smiles nervously at him.

Rishi glowered suspiciously at him.
"It looked like you were planning something against me." Rishi made his suspicion known.

"What! Do you think I will betray my dear brother. No way." Jay started in a dramatic manner.

Rishi rolled his eyes at him and lay down on the bed to rest.