Falling in Love

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Maybe I should be called a fool. Maybe Elvis Presley was right. If I am a fool, I have no desire to be a wise man.

I recently feel like love songs are stuck playing in my head and making me think a lot more than I've ever imagined. Masahiro lays beside me in our bed, his back towards me. He's still just a teenager, to go through all this must be exhausting. Why'd he have to love me back? Why couldn't I have fallen for someone else? He doesn't deserve all the crap that he's had to deal with.

I write a note saying I was going out for a bit. A bit turned into the majority of the day. One day became two, and then three. After getting in late the third day Masahiro was waiting patiently on our bed for me to return.

"Welcome back"

"Jesus, you startled me"

"Where were you?"

"The bar"

"All day, for three days?"

"No, I walked around for a while."

"Whatever, it's too late to get into this. I'm going to sleep." He said and laid on his side, back towards me.

I changed into pajamas and take a seat on the bed.

"I'm sorry"

"Why? Why'd you leave?" He said sitting back up. "What happened?"

"You don't deserve this. You shouldn't have to go through all of this."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ever since we've been together things have been going wrong. Your mom, Wyatt, your father, the bullying, and my family. It's because of this, because of me."

"Kou-"

"Why did I have to fall in love with you? You don't deserve this."

"Don't"

"Huh?"

"Don't blame yourself. Aren't you the one who said that it was their own fault? So please, don't blame it on yourself."

"Wouldn't it have been easier? If you never fell in love with me?"

"Maybe, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy" he says as he hugs me from behind.

"Hey, Masa"

"Yeah"

"I love you, please, don't leave me"

"I would never even think about it" his arms are around my stomach and his head is buried into my back.

We stay like this for a while, it's comforting to know that he'll stay and that he's here now.

"Kousuke"

"Yes my love?"

"I love you" he said before giving me a peck on the cheek, "but can we please go to sleep, I'm tired"

I chuckled a bit, "of course".

Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

"For I can't help falling in love with you" I whisper once I know he's a asleep.

It's because it's true I truly can't help falling for him.

—————-——————————————————

Happy Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈
~🐝