Marry Me

Everything is so...perfect. A perfect family to live with, perfect friends, perfect grades, and a perfect fiancé. I have everything, so why do I feel awful. I'm lucky to have this picture perfect life, but why do I believe that something bad is about to happen, that this is all too good to be true. There is no reason for me to be feeling this way, there are so many people who have it worse than myself. People who don't have a roof over their head, don't have families, or friends. I'm so selfish. There's nothing that would contribute towards this. I don't deserve all the good things that are happening in my life.

It's summer now and I only one more year until I graduate. My mind wonders as a small tear drips down my face. I was sitting outside, so no one was aware that the tears were coming out. There's a tap on the glass door that makes me jump, it was Kousuke. He opened the door before sitting next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. No matter how far away we were he could always tell when something was wrong, most of the time he'd make a guess as to what it was, and he'd always be correct.

"You've suffered enough, let the good events come." He said, he's a mind reader.

"But there are so many people who have it worse than I, I shouldn't feel this way."

"You're feeling are important Masahiro. It doesn't matter what social class you are, we're all human after all. Just because some people have it worse than you doesn't mean you should invalidate your own needs and feelings."

I couldn't reply. Everything he said hit me so close to home that all I could do was start crying. Kousuke took me in his arms and began to pet my head as I sobs into his t-shirt. He would whisper sweet nothingness to me as I calmed down slowly and he held onto me until I push him away slightly so that I could look him in the eyes a lightly kiss him. Kousuke being Kousuke returned it without second thought. It was quick, but still as loving as any of the others we've shared.

"Awww" we both turn to see Ms. Ohshiba looking through the glass door.

My face turns a bright red as Kou goes in to see what his mother wanted to talk to him about and when he came back out he told me that the family and Hasekura were going to a firework show and asked if I wanted to join them, which I expected without thinking. We all walked over to the same spot where Kousuke and I wanted the cosmic shower the first time. There wasn't anyone else here because not many people know about this area. Kensuke and Hasekura where cuddling up together on one of the blankets, much like Kou and I were doing, and Ms. Ohshiba took a seat on one of the benches. The fireworks were amazing and the way the light from the fireworks reflected on Kousuke's eyes was gorgeous. I show was over within 45 minutes and I helped the others pack up the blankets, before noticing that Kousuke was the only one not in front of me and that everyone else was starting at something behind me. When I turn around I saw Kousuke on one knee with a ring in a velvet box.

"I know that I've already asked you this, but I never had the opportunity to do it right. You have made me the happiest I've ever been and I never want you to leave my side. I know that we both have our issues, especially me, but I don't want us to try and fight them off ourselves. Will you expect me to be your future husband with all of my flaws, and marry me?"

I couldn't speak, I was sobbing. All I could do was nod and hug him. He slid the ring on my finger and luckily it was the right size this time. He continued to kiss me and I kissed back. This man makes me so happy I can't even begin to express, and now we're officially engaged, not like we weren't before, but this time it was planned out and it was proper. Even with all of his flaws, he will always be perfect for me.

————————————————————————

Yay for family emergencies...I'm so exhausted and can't sleep. Also, I can't believe we've reached 1k reads, holy crap! This fandom is so small, but you all are super supportive and honestly all of your comments make my day. Even if I don't reply to your comment it doesn't mean I didn't see it, it just means that I'm all too tired to reply or that I'm super busy with family issues and work. Your amazing comments keep me going!! I love all of you so much!!!
~🐝