Chapter 1:- Valentina

Valentina's POV
(Present)

(Above picture is of Valentina)

"Huh!! Finally!" I dropped my pen on the table and yawned.
Tonight I will pamper myself by bathing in hot water. It's good that Alba has gone to her friend's house for a sleepover. Tonight is mine alone.

I got up from the chair, picked up my purse and left the office. I noticed that my PA, instead of doing her work, is sleeping on her desk. I need to change her as soon as possible. I can't tolerate such behavior at all, but how can I just fire her like this?

"Wake up Miss. Morgan"
Still she was dead asleep. I shake her up.
"Miss. Morgan! Get up. Go home and sleep."
Finally she woke up.
"Forgive me Ms. Delgado. I don't know how I fell asleep.
"I know you're a single mother, but that's no way to sleep at work. Atleast, you'd have told me you were tired and had to go home. Here I was thinking that you are doing your job instead you were sleeping. Now don't waste time, go home and sleep. where is your son right now?
"Thankyou so much Ms. Delgado. He is with his grandparents."
"It's good. You can go home and pamper yourself. It doesn't happen every time that you're free from kids. Well now I'm going."
I went towards the elevator, it was already on my floor and went inside.

Let me tell you something about myself.
My name is Valentina Marie Delgado. I am a 30 year old single mother. My lovely daughter,Elena Alba Delgado is 10 years old, who is my whole world. My daughter is my lifeline. She's the only thing left in my life. When I was nineteen years old, my parents passed away. So, now there is no one in my life except my Alba.

"Also, I am the CEO of the country's largest diamond company- Alba & Diamonds Co. I started this company after Ben left me and I had a miscarriage. Yes, I had a miscarriage. That day was the most painful and wretched day of my life. After reading the note Ben left, my life was turned upside down. After I fainted, when I woke up in the hospital, I was told that my baby had died in my womb, Who was only just the size of a pea. I was brought to the hospital by my neighbor. Alba was in bad shape. The poor girl had lost her father and her younger sibling in a single day.

After coming back from hospital, i was furious. Furious on Ben to be a coward and left a well made family. Furious on myself that i never saw this coming. Furious on my fate that everyone that i loved, left me. First my parents and then the love of my life. Now only my Alba is there with me, i don't want her to leave me. I will not be able to live without my daughter.

From that day on, I was determined to do something that would make my daughter proud. I will fill that empty space of both mother and father in her life. And now I am at this stage of my life.

After reaching home at night, I went straight to the bedroom, took off my clothes and went to the bathroom to take a good bath.

Irelaxed in the bathtub and thought about my life, how my life has changed over the years. I have a strange life.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I came out of the bathtub, went to the sink counter and wrapped the towel around my body. I picked up the phone and went straight out of the bathroom to the closet.

"Hello!"
"Hey beautiful! How are you?" My best friend/ Ex-neighor- Alexis or Lexi as I call her, who helped me during my miscarriage. From that day on, she became my best friend. She is five years older than me and her daughter is also ten years old, Graciela and my daughter's best friend.
"I'm fine. How are you? What are our girls doing?"
"I'm awesome and girls are doing great. They are currently painting their nails."
"Oh! That's nice."
"Yeah... Hey listen! I know this awesome man and-"
"Stop, stop, stop! I don't want to meet anyone. No more blind dates. You know how much i hate men. They are coward as fuck!"
"But seriously he is nice, just one meet."
"No!"
"Okay okay, I won't force you, but how long will you be like this? It's been seven years. You have to move on in your life. What happened to your dreams? A lovely husband and three kids?"
"I have moved on. And about my dream, that was old me. New me only dream of having my daughter amd my best friend in my life. I don't need a man in my life anymore."
"Ok ok ok, It ends here. Well! now tell me how was your day at office?
"It was so hectic that i wanted to fire each and every employee. They all are getting on my nerves."
"You should give yourself and your employees a few days' rest."
"Oh whatever, I can't do that. What will happen to the company by doing this? Who will run the company then?"
"So tell me that if you fired everyone from the job then how will the work be done? But to be honest, you need a vacation."
"I don't have time for it. This deal with Edwards and Co. is making me so tired. The CEO won't even come himself, making his assistant doing all the work and his assistant is good for nothing. I have to do something serious this time to meet the CEO instead of his PA."
"Do you know the CEO?"
"

Yeah.... Harvey Edwards. Never met him in person. Just on a video conference. According to his reputation, people say he is a player but rest i don't know. He has time for playing with women but not have time to discuss his business deal."
"Ok lady relax. Have a good night sleep and now i need to go see girls, what they are doing now."
"Ok bye. Good Night."
"Good Night."
Then i hung up.

Alexis González, My best friend, is very sweet and loving. She's so full of life, even having a 10 year old daughter. A total opposite of me.

Not in a mood of having dinner, i just climbed the bed and sleep the peaceful night.

-----------------------------------------------------------