xxi. 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

"I don't understand

"I don't understand." Miguel grabbed Karters arms as she stretched in the LaRusso yard. "Robby Keene?"

"He's hanging out with Robby Keene." she ranted. "Robby Keene!"

"What about Robby Keene?" Hawk gave a questionable look toward the two.

"Jayden has a new best friend." Karter rolled her eyes, trying to throw her shoulder. "Ugh, it won't pop!"

"Hey, hey!" Miguel tried to call her off. "Relax."

"What if Kreese gets into his head and he joins Cobra Kai? He's sensitive." Karter huffed as she backed off. "He's still my friend, even if i'm not his."

"What even happened there?" Hawk gave her an odd look.

"Apparently he can't handle the fact that I just want to be friends." Karter rolled her eyes. "If you really think about it, I have the right to be beyond pissed off. I mean, I was looking for a friend and he hates me because, what? I don't wanna date him? So that means we can't be friends anymore?"

"True statement." Miguel agreed with her. "I say we stay away from him."

"Yeah, but it makes me sad knowing he might get brain washed." Karter frowned. "I mean, look at Tory. Look at my little one!"

"Could you please stop putting the word little infront of every word you describe me with?" Hawk sighed as Karter tossed her arm around him. "It's very offensive."

"If it makes you feel any better, she throws dude at me every time we talk." Miguel pointed out as Karter hummed with a point.

"Compared to Sensei Lawrence's training, todays gonna be a vacation." Mitch spoke up, nodding with a minor laugh.

"Who's going on vacation?" Daniel jumped into their conversation, coming from the dojo.

Karter let Hawk go and tied her shoes better. Miguel cleared his throat. "Uh, no one. What do you got for us today?"

"Come here." Daniel spoke up with a minor smile, leading them toward the pond. Miguel let Karter walk first,headed behind her.

"Look, I know you've all been taught to strike first. What do you do when your opponent is faster then you?" Daniel eyed each of them, standing up on the rock slightly.

"Are those real koi?" Mitch stared in amazement.

"Yes, they are real." Daniel answered Mitch's previous question, eyeing Karter as she was leaning closer and closer in. "Carful not to fall in."

She clearly didn't realized he had been talking to her, Miguel nudged her. "Karter."

She pulled back with wide eyes. "My bad, Mr.LaRusso. Continue."

"Todays lesson is simple. Catch a fish. But since I know you Eagle Fangs like a little bit of competition, we're gonna make it interesting. So the first to succeed, will have the honor of leading class all week." Daniel nodded at the group, announcing the plan for the day.

His offer didn't seem to interest any of the students, sighing. "And you also get to pick out what flavor Gatorade I buy next."

"Aw, hell yes!" Mitch yelled with a bright grin. "Hope you all like Glacial Freeze."

"You pick that one over the lime? What the hell is wrong with you!" Karter yelled, Daniel gave an alarming look as Miguel nudged her again.

"Where are the rods?" Miguel spoke up, looking in his direction.

"Back in my garage." Daniel shrugged his shoulders, smiling at their confusion. "Your bare hands are all you'll use and all you'll need."

"But, I bite my fingers." Karter held here hands put. "I can get bacterial and die."

"You won't die." Daniel pulled out some gloves to hand to her.

"Fine, just don't cry at my funeral." she shook her head, pulling them on.

"On your mark. Get set. Go!"

The group of Eagle Fangs all began to reach into the water, trying to grab one of the koi fish as quick as they could, the gatorade flavor at stake. Karter kept yelling out in excitement. Hawk slapped her. "Shut up, Karter! You're scaring them!"

"They are swimin at me, man!" she yelled back. Miguel focused extremely hard on one of the fish, leaning in to grab it, going too far as he crashed into the water. Karter fell over in laugher, staring in disbelief

Miguel sat up in the water, eyes wide in embarrassment and soaking wet. The group all laughed, not even focused on the fish anymore. Karter dove in after him to yank him under the water before they swam up again. "To the koi!"

Daniel shook his head with a faint laugh. "Looks like you're a little wet behind the ears. Let's get you dried off."

"Sweet boy." Karter got out first as she helped Miguel out. "I have a warmer idea."

"Woah, your shampoo is so nice." Miguel said honestly as Karter lathered it into his hair after they went home and hoped in the shower together before Yaya could get home. "It's for the curls?"

"For the curls." she confirmed, slowing down as Miguel glanced over his shoulder at her. "Can I ask you something."

He spun around to face her, hands resting on her waist, a little nod. "Whatever you want."

"Do you think long distance relationships ever actually work?" her eyes looked dreadful when she asked, Miguel frowned. "Because all i've ever seen is them ending badly. My friends back home-"

"Aren't us." he cut her off with a shake of his head. "It's one year away from each other. And we can meet up all the time, and we'll talk everyday. We can make that work for one year...right?"

"I think we should make a promise." Karter grinned at her own words. "As gross as this whole relationship thing is."

It made Miguel laugh as he nodded. "What kind of promise?"

"A promise that if long distance doesn't work for us, if we call it off, we'll definitely call each other after graduation and see if we can try again." she went on with a small swallow. "I know i've pushed you away a lot when you brought it up, but mainly because I just didn't want to make it seem real. I really don't want to loose you, but if I do, I at least need to know that I can get you back in the future."

Miguel liked to take pride on how tough he was, but he felt like crying like a baby right now. "You don't have to try and get me back in the future...because i'll already be in it."

Karter leaned forward and pressed a little kiss to his lips, the water started to run cold. "We should split an apartment and combine student loans and get a cat."

"Got a mental snap shot." Miguel confirmed with a point to his head. "Now, help me get this shampoo out of my hair because Yaya started yelling about no hot water."

kylie speaks

welcome backkkkkk:)