xvi. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"It's like, I don't know how to handle it all

"It's like, I don't know how to handle it all." Karter sat in her car as she spoke to Aisha from the other line. "I'm loosing my family, my best friend moved away, now my only other friend is ignoring me because I seriously hurt his feelings."

"Karter, you can't help that you don't feel the same way about this guy." Aisha spoke honestly. "He'll come around. He probably just needs time to recover from his feelings getting hurt."

"Stupid Miguel." Karter rolled her eyes. "If he wasn't here, I could date Jayden."

"Oh, yeah, stupid Miguel." Aisha laughed. "You know, it sounds like you can use some Miguel love right now."

She exhaled. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"I don't know. He calms you." she explained from the other line. "And it reallyyyy sounds like you need to be calmed."

"What about Hawk? That's my little baby man! Now, he's a grown ass bird." Karter huffed in annoyance. "How do I get him back?"

"I can't tell you how. Sensei Kreese clearly has gotten in his head for the worse." she explained as Karter leaned against the steering wheel. "But, maybe there's a way to pull him back in. Remind him about the old times you've had together."

"I said I love you and he didn't say it back." she pointed out in return. "What am I suppose to do?"

"I know you'll figure it out." Aisha reassured her. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." Karter frowned slightly.

Karter gave a scream. "Oh my god!"

"Carful!" Miguel yelled as Karter tackled him in a hug.

"You're walking, my love!" she cheered as they laid on the floor. She flooded his face with small kisses. "I feel so proud! Your legs work!"

"Well, they aren't now!" he laughed. "Still a little unsteady."

"Oh, it's okay. You think George Washington or Rocky Balboa were steady? Nah." Karter held Miguel's face from how they laid, grinning down at him. "Oh my god, just in time!"

"In time for what?" Miguel asked with a questionable look as Karter got off him.

"Christmas in Clearlake!" she cheered, reaching down. "Hawk bailed, Demetri obviously isn't coming, Jayden is ignoring all my messages, Aisha will be busy with her rich family, and-and those are my only friends."

"So, just the two of us again?" he flashed her a little grin.

"And Lolly and Pop." she nodded. "Likely my Moms too."

"Well, now that I can walk again, my mom wants me to go back to school." Miguel stood up as they sat on the couch together. "Does that mean, now that i'm better, you have to go home?"

"They'll probably let me finish out the school year. Definitely the semester online, but maybe next semester at school with you guys." Karter nodded. "Since we only have six months left. But, maybe not."