"look who's here." katia said, nudging skye with her arm.

"shut up." she said for the umpteenth time that morning, taking her helmet off and leaving it with the bike. 

"it's good to see you both." a voice said behind them, and both women turned to see panther. "i was worried that you would need a day off after what happened."

skye smiled. "like i told havoc, it's gonna take a lot more than that to get rid of us." 

the man, who had easily become their favorite of the admirals, smiled. "well, that's good, riot. i can't go losing two of my best pilots, now can i?"

the two beamed. "thank you, sir." skye said.

"yeah, thank you, sir." 

he nodded. "of course. i'm not going to make either of you fly today, but make sure you keep sharp. you're both going to be analyzing the groups that go today and then submitting reports about their efforts."

skye raised a brow. "an essay? do you want it mla and double spaced, panther?" she smiled. "times new roman twelve point font?" 

the man shook his head, but laughed nonetheless. "no, riot. just a bullet point list will do. then you get to present it to the rest of your class." 

the two women nodded. "not a very good deal." 

panther patted them both on the back. "get some rest, both of you. i want you to both up and running tomorrow, if possible."

skye gave him a two fingered salute that katia copied. "sir, yes sir."

he walked away, and then they looked at each other. "why are we presenting it to the class?" katia asked, hating the idea of standing in front of the group and explaining why she was better than them.

"because we're better than them." skye shrugged, holding up her fist for a fist bump that katia supplied, despite still being against the idea. "i wonder who's flying today." 

katia gave her a look. "who do you think?" when skye looked back at her blankly, katia pulled at the jacket she wore. 

"oh, come on." 

they then joined the rest of the pilots, who were all gathered underneath the awning to hear who would be flying. skye almost wanted to turn heel and leave when she immediately made eye contact with bradley. he sat higher in his seat when she walked in, and she could tell by the look on his face that he definitely recognized the jacket on her shoulders, and she wouldn't have been surprised if he'd left it at the apartment on purpose. 

skye and katia sat down in their normal seats, which just so happened to be right in front of rooster, who now sat with a pleased smirk on his lips. 

hangman looked over at skye, who just so happened to catch his eye. "new jacket?" he asked, looking at the writing on it. 

she looked away from him, lifting her middle finger and rubbing her temple with it. she then heard rooster shifting in his seat, now leaning forward so he could speak to her. "new jacket?" he repeated, and skye looked behind her to see the smirk he wore. 

"yeah, some idiot who isn't smooth at all left it at my house last night." she replied, trying not to smile.

he didn't even pretend to hide his smile, though. "well, i'm sure there are many amazing qualities to this mystery guy." 

skye narrowed her eyes as if she was thinking about it. "no, not many i can think of."

rooster put a hand on his heart in mock offense, but he was still smiling. "you're going to break this poor man's heart."