⚡️ Chapter Eight ⚡️

Start from the beginning

I nod in equal determination and run ahead, even running past Reiner. I practically get up in front of everyone.

Not a minute later, Armin appears by my side with his backpack on. I hope he doesn't over-exert himself, but other than that, I'm very proud of him.

(Before I skip to the next day with hand-to-hand combat, here's Shadis' little description thing on Y/n, aka, you)

Y/n Arlert...

The maggot may look as fragile as a daisy, but, like her brother, she's academically very strong. Give her a sword and ODM gear now and you can tell she's improved. I believe she'll go far...

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

"Y/n! Look!" Connie muffles loudly with the wooden knife in his mouth, while making some 'viper' hand motions.

I bite back a laugh, but end up chuckling anyways. "Connie, we've got to take this seriously."

"Huh?" He muffles out. "Oh, come on! This isn't even going against our grade!"

"I know that. It's just, uh..." I look pointedly behind him.

He straightens up quickly, probably already knowing who's behind him, and slowly turns around. Behind him is Commandant Shadis. The knife drops out of his mouth. "Oh, uh...hi, sir!"

Shadis immediately picks him up by just his head, like he did our very first day here. "Listen to maggot here, Springer! Train like you're supposed to be training!"

"I will, sir!" Connie yells. "I promise!"

Shadis puts Connie down and walks away from us and on to another pair of people fighting.

Connie sighs, picking up the knife and rubbing his ear. "I hate it when he does that..."

I shake my head. "You always get caught doing the wrong thing. What a shame."

"Oh, shut up." He replies in a playful tone. He gets in a defensive stance with the knife. "Now, come at me!"

"Shouldn't you be coming at me?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

He shrugs. "You just come at me first. Let's see what happens..."

I take the little time I have, before he charges at me, to study his stance. He'll start to charge at me, because of how long I'm taking. So, like I guessed, he eventually starts charging at me.

"You're taking too long, Y/n!" He exclaims, ready to jab the knife at me.

"I was just studying that's all." I reply and bring my arm up to block his attack and grab his other arm and bring it behind his back. I kick him behind his knees, making him fall to the ground with me still holding his arm.

"Ow!" He groans. "Shit. I guess studying does help you in the long run."

I grab the knife out of his hand and stand up, dusting my hands. "Yeah. It does."

He pushes himself off the ground. "Well, it also helps when you're as smart as you and Armin are."

I shrug. "We spent our time as kids training our brains and now we're training to get physically stronger."

"I can't relate to the first part." He backs up, ready to fight. "Now, watch out. I'm taking you down this time."

I flip the knife up in the air and catch it by its handle. "Alri-"

"Nice takedown, Shortie!" The voice of Jean compliments, walking over to us. I've grown extremely use to the nickname 'Shortie' now.