Chapter 9: The Final Battle

Depuis le début

Neither said a word and remained in place even as the minutes dragged on. Finally, a warm hand rested on Ash's free shoulder, and they turned to Serena, who stood beside them.

"They're waiting for you." She giggled.

"Well, I'd hate to delay the show." He chuckled back with Pikachu.

Serena slowly wrapped both arms around his shoulders, and they exchanged passionate expressions.

"Whatever happens, Ash, go for broke out there! You inspired me to follow my dreams, now do the same for yourself!" Ash smiled back and pulled Serena in closer.

"I'm glad you're here, Serena." He then pressed his lips against Serena's and the two remained locked in a passionate kiss for quite a while. When Ash attempted to head off, Serena refused to let him go and continued the kiss for another few moments.

Finally, the two pulled back at the same time and smiled back at each other one more time.

"Pika, let's go!"

"Pika!!!" Ash and Pikachu walked onto the battlefield before countless spectators both in the stadium and worldwide via broadcast.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Today we see the match of the century as Alolan Champion Ash Ketchum challenged Pokemon Kaiser Daniel Rian for the crown once more! Now presenting the challenger, Champion Ash Ketchum!!!"

"Ash!!!!!" Delia and the others cried with explosive enthusiasm as he entered.

"Now presenting your reigning Pokemon Kaiser, Daniel Rian!!" Cynthia now led a large portion of the audience in thunderous applause as Daniel approached. Both trainers met in the battlefield's center and shook hands.

"Five long years of training, time to see if I was right."

Ash smiled back confidently.

"We're ready for another shot."

"Pika!"

Daniel looked up at Ash's box with a sincere expression.

"I'm glad you and Felix reconciled."

Ash exhaled deeply but smiled back up at the box.

"Me too."

"Ash, I won't lie. Part of the reason I wanted to train you and watch your career was out of a sense of obligation. The entire time Felix trained us, I had no idea you even existed. But upon learning the truth, I felt guilty, like I stole him from you."

"You didn't steal him from me, Daniel. What happened happened. Nothing can change that. But he's back in my life now. That's all that matters. You showed us what we're truly capable of, and now it's our turn to see what you're truly capable of!!!"

Daniel smiled back with a fiery passion.

"That's exactly what I hoped for! It's time to see if I'm still worthy of the crown!"

The two locked hands one more time before returning to their corner of the battlefield.

"The battle between Champion Ash Ketchum and Kaiser Daniel Rian will now begin! Each trainer will be allowed six Pokemon! Let the match begin!!!"

Serena had returned to the private box and sat beside the others.

"Ash, do your best."

xxx(Play the original Pokemon theme until xxx)

"Here we go!!!!! I choose you, Torterra!!!!!" The stadium shook when his colossal Torterra came out and landed.

"Terra!!!!!!" Torterra's roar similarly shook many to their core, but not Ash.