Chapter 7: Magnificent Prison

Începe de la început

Phoebus smirked at her. "Candlelight, a mostly private setting," he glanced at Esmeraldo who glared at him. "...music. Can't think of a better place for hand to hand combat."

(Y/n) swung again and Phoebus almost stumbled. "You fight almost as well as a man." He complimented.

"Funny, I was going to say the same thing about you." She replied smugly.

Esmeraldo had to suppress his laugh as he watched the woman in front of him with awe.

"That's hitting a little below the belt, don't you think?" Phoebus asked, his man pride a little hurt.

"No, this is." She tried to hit him between the legs, but he blocked her.

Phoebus managed to grab the candelabra and yanked (Y/n) towards him and grabbed her wrist making her drop the candelabra.

"Touché." He said, before he was rammed in the gut by Djali.

Pheobus released (Y/n) and Esmeraldo pulled her away from him.

"I didn't know you two had a kid." Pheobus chuckled.

"Well, he doesn't take kindly to soldiers." Esmeraldo explained.

"Uh, I noticed. Ah, permit me. I'm Phoebus. It means 'Sun God'." He introduced.

Esmeraldo looked at him blankly.

"And you are?" He gestured to (Y/n) who was peeking over Esmeraldo's shoulder.

"Is this an interrogation?" Esmeraldo asked.

"I believe it's called an introduction." Phoebus corrected. "And one that you are interrupting."

"You're not arresting me?" Esmeraldo asked incredulously.

"Not as long as your in here, I can't." Phoebus told him.

"Huh. Your not like the other soldiers at all." (Y/n) commented.

"Thank you."

"So, if you're not going to arrest me, what do you want?" Esmeraldo asked.

"I'd settle for the name of the young lady you're trying to block from my view." Phoebus craned his neck to look over at (Y/n).

"Actually, I'd like to know that as well." Esmeraldo confessed, looking down at the girl.

(Y/n) looked between the two men nervously. "Um...I'm..."

Suddenly, the door to the church burst open and Frollo walked in with soldiers following behind him.

"Good work Captain. Now arrest him."

"Claim sanctuary." Phoebus whispered to Esmeraldo. "Say it!"

"You tricked me." Esmeraldo accused.

"I'm waiting, Captain." Frollo said impatiently, before he noticed (Y/n) standing there. "What are you doing down here with this gypsy boy?" Frollo asked angrily.

"I-I was just lighting the candles Master Frollo and...and..."

"She didn't do anything sir. She was just an innocent bystander that was dragged into my confrontation with the gypsy." Phoebus explained, covering for her.

"Ah, I see. I'm still waiting on that arrest, Captain."

"I'm sorry, sir. He claimed sanctuary. There's nothing I can do." Phoebus reported.

"Then drag him outside and-!"

"Frollo, you will not touch him!" The Archdeacon interrupted. "Don't worry. Minister Frollo learned years ago to respect the sanctity of the church." He reassured Esmeraldo

Frollo's gaze turned murderous, but he gestured for his guards to leave and he started walking away as well, but he ducked behind a pillar when no one was watching.

The Archdeacon grabbed Phoebus's arm and led him out of the church, Djali head butting him in the back.

"Alright, alight, I'm going." He whined.

(Y/n) smiled a little at the scene but it quickly disappeared when she was grabbed by the wrist and pulled back into someone, letting out a surprise gasp.

Esmeraldo quickly turned around upon hearing her gasp and saw her trapped in Frollo's clutches. One of his hands was wrapped tightly around her wrist and the other hand sank into the flesh of her shoulder.

"Hey! Let her go!"

Frollo just smirked at him.

"You think you've outwitted me, gypsy. But I'm a patient man. And gypsies don't do well inside stone walls." Frollo sneered.

He turned to (Y/n) and put his face near her neck and spoke into her ear.

"Mark my words girl, if you are around this gypsy any longer, it will only be a matter of time before his heathen ways have corrupted your pure soul. Then I would have no choice but to take drastic measures, and we wouldn't want that would we?" He asked.

Frollo eye's suddenly shifted to her hair and he stuck his nose in it and inhaled.

"M-Master? What are you d-doing?" The girl asked.

"I was just imagining a rope around that beautiful neck." Frollo removed his hand from her wrist and caressed her neck.

"And I was imagining how upset your brother would be if you were to be killed. Because that is what would happen if you were to let this gypsy corrupt you."

Esmeraldo couldn't stand the sight of Frollo's hands on her any longer. He pushed Frollo away and pulled (Y/n) towards him by her waist.

"I know what you were imagining." Esmeraldo spat.

"Such a clever witch. So typical of your kind to twist the truth...to cloud innocent minds like my daughter's with unholy thoughts." Frollo said menacingly.

Esmeraldo gave him a disgusted look and stood protectively in front of (Y/n).

"Well, no matter." Frollo shrugged, walking to the door. "You've chosen a magnificent prison. But it is a prison none the less. Set one foot outside, and you're mine." Frollo said as he exited the church.

——————————🔔——————————