Chapter 5: Questions to be Answered

Magsimula sa umpisa

"His dad?" Lolbit repeated with a surprised look. "His dad is dead. Not to mention what Michael did to him. Why would you be worried about him?"

"I don't know. I can't help but feel a bit... off."

"Why? Are you worried he's there at the new pizzeria?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "I mean I don't think he'd be there, but you never know if-"

"Y/n, I know what he tried to do to you was horrible, and you have every right to be upset and worried. But he can't hurt you or Michael again. Ever."

I sighed, tapping the sides of my mug anxiously with my thumbs. "I know I'm just being paranoid. But something legitimately feels off about Michael's new job as a nightguard."

"He said he would still be looking for another one, didn't he?" Lolbit reminded me. "He's a smart guy, he's sure to find a different job soon."

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so. Why wouldn't he?"

"I don't know..."

"Exactly. You have nothing to worry about."

"I guess you're right..."

"Listen, you have every right to be worried," Lolbit went on.

I frowned. "You're not helping."

"No, just hear me out," Lolbit stopped me. "I get it. You've had some bad experiences as a nightguard, and some really bad experiences with Michael's dad. But everything's settled now. You remember what Michael did to him."

I sighed. "Yeah..."

"Now come on, you should finish eating and be on your way to work."

"Alright."

Once I finished my breakfast, I cleaned off my plate and grabbed my stuff to leave for work.

"Tell Michael I'll see him when I get home, alright?" I said before I headed out the door.

"Will do," Lolbit said with a nod.

"Alright, bye, Lolbit. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

She rolled her eyes. "I could say the same to you."

I laughed quietly before leaving the house and locking the door behind me. Once I got in the car, I noticed that I still had about an hour before I needed to leave for work. I figured I had some time to do something else.

"What could I do for an hour?" I wondered. Then I got an idea... but it was a stupid one.

"No, I can't do that. That'd be foolish. I've learned my lesson," I thought to myself, shaking my head. "Maybe I'll grab something to eat for my break somewhere instead."

I began driving to a nearby fast food restaurant and got something for me to eat for lunch later on. Once I was done getting my food, I noticed I still had another forty minutes until work started. I parked in the parking lot and tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, thinking of something to do. My thoughts from earlier crossed my mind again.

"Well... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go check it out," I thought aloud. "Besides, it might give me some reassurance... or maybe the exact opposite."

But there was only one way to find out the answer to the question I had been wondering for quite some time.

"Screw it. I'm going there," I decided.

I began driving there, wondering the whole time why I thought this was such a good idea; because honestly it was a really stupid idea. Within just a few minutes, I pulled up to my destination.

Fazbear Frights.

It wasn't how I expected it to be, though. There were some construction workers who were working on rebuilding the place.

"Oh no," I muttered to myself. I got out of my car and made my way up to the building. Once I was there, I approached one of the construction workers.

"Um... hello," I began awkwardly, catching his attention.

"Hello! Can I help you?"

"If you don't mind me asking... What's going on here? I thought this place was... destroyed."

"It's exactly what it looks like," he explained. "We got permission from the owner of Fazbear Frights to clear the place up after it burned down and now we're turning it into a completely different restaurant. This one won't be associated with Fazbear Entertainment, though, like the last one."

"Oh..." I muttered. "Can I ask a bit of a... strange question?"

"I don't see why not."

"You haven't happened to see any animatronics here, have you?"

He shook his head. "No ma'am."

"Not even a green bunny?"

"None at all."

I bit my lip nervously. "Alright. Well... thanks for your help."

"I don't see what I helped with, but no problem!" he exclaimed.

I chuckled nervously before walking away and back to my car. Once I got inside, I rested my elbows on the steering wheel and ran my fingers through my hair anxiously.

"Damn you, William," I growled, slamming a fist on the center console. "Where the hell did you go, you sick bastard?"

A/N: Okay ngl, I feel like this chapter wasn't all that great. Future chapters will be better though, don't worry.