Chapter 1: Fresh Start

Y/n's POV:

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's give it up for Henry Emily and the brand new Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria!"

Applause filled the air as the mayor handed Henry a pair of scissors.

"YEAH!" Michael screamed, pumping his fist in the air. "THAT'S MY UNCLE!"

"Michael, chill out!" I said, elbowing him in the side. He jokingly rolled his eyes with a smile and began clapping with the rest of the crowd.

Henry gestured for the mayor to hand him the microphone. Before cutting the ribbon, Henry wanted to say a few words.

"I don't exactly want to cut this ribbon alone," Henry said, making everyone go quiet. "I'd like to do it with my adopted nephew."

"Huh?" Michael questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"Michael Afton, come up here and do the honors with me!"

Michael's eyes widened as everyone began clapping again.

"Michael, come on, go up there!" I exclaimed, pushing him away towards the stage.

"What? Why me?"

"Go on, babe, get up there!"

Without saying anything else, Michael followed my instructions and headed over to the stage by Henry. Once they were standing next to each other, Henry smiled at Michael's confusion.

"Anything to say, kiddo?" Henry asked, tilting the mic towards him. Michael was completely speechless.

"I mean... I don't know what I did to deserve doing this with you, but thank you, Henry," Michael said. "This means a lot to be up here with you."

"I could say the same to you."

Henry then held out the scissors for Michael to grab the other handle. With a smile on both their faces, they emphatically cut the giant, red ribbon.

"I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!" I yelled out to him. I wasn't sure if he heard, but I assumed he did considering he looked over at my direction with a grin and winked.

I quickly grabbed my phone out of my pocket and snapped a picture of him and Henry together.

"Thank you!" Michael called out in the microphone, waving at the crowd with a big smile on his face. He then walked down the steps and over to me.

"Michael, you really just did that!" I exclaimed, grabbing his arm and shaking him.

Michael laughed, putting his arm around my shoulders. "I know! I can't believe he asked me! I didn't even do anything."

"You did a lot!"

"You're just saying that cause you're my girlfriend," he laughed.

"No, for real!" I protested. "You were there for him a lot of the time! When his old partner wasn't there anymore, you were!"

By "old partner," I clearly meant William. I just preferred not to mention his name. Neither did Michael. Ever since my last encounter with his father, Michael never seemed to think of him the same way. He had always had a small bit of love for William deep down inside before then, but that night Michael finally snapped. He stopped caring about his dad after that. Normally I would've believed that he probably still did, considering he was his own dad. But the way Michael treated William that night... that was when he—without a doubt—stopped caring for his dad.

Michael got rid of him. He hated his dad. He never saw William as a fatherly figure anymore. He just saw him as a cold-hearted, serial killer with very little love for his family and the man who tried to brutally murder his girlfriend.