Chapter 3 : The phone call

I woke up to a place full of books. I stood up and looked around. There was no one there but me. Smiling, I walked down the isle of books. I saw something glowing on one of the lanes and went to it.

I saw that it was a book on the top shelf. It was a physics book. And it was glowing in an angelic way. I smiled and tried to reach for the book, but I was too short. I frowned and walked away.

I was about 6 steps away when I heard a voice. I looked for where the voice came from and it was from the glowing book. I looked at it confused.

"Get me, Courtney. I'll save you from the ogre. Get me from this shelf,"the book said. "Oh, glorious book, how can I do that when I was given this horendous small height. Please tell me, glorious one, for I shall ask for your wisdom of getting away from the said ogre,"I said.

"Of course. Just imagine what you want, and you shall get it,"the book said. I nodded and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw that my face was in front of the book. I smiled and looked down to see that my feet have streched.

I closed my eyes, thinking about something. Then I opened them again, and looked down to see my feet turned to popsicle sticks, cause I'm cool like that.

Get it? Cool? Popsicle sticks?

Enough of that, I got the book and hugged it. It stopped talking and glowing now. I smiled again, but when I was about to open the book the ogre appeared. Looking furious.

Being the awesome person I am, I ran using my long popsicle feet while the ogre growled and roared. I laughed at him and he got mad. He started running faster and I did too. But since my feet turned slippery, I fell. I looked at my feet and they were now short ones, due to the absurd melting.

I felt the ogre coming nearer and nearer and the ground was shaking furiously. The shaking turned to an earthquake, first lightly then next thing I know I was getting tossed table to table. The ground was shaking violently now and the ogre stopped in front of me. He shouted my name again and again.

"Courtney, I will eat you! Courtney! Courtney! Courtney...."

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Courtney! Courtney! Wake up! Hey! Courtney!" I woke up to see Dylan in front of me shaking me. When I opened my eyes, he immediately sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank God. I was worried. You kept laughing and screaming,"he said. I furrowed my eyebrows. All that was a dream? Oh man! What about my popsicle legs? Yeah, they melted and all that shiz, but hey! It's not everyday you find a glowing book that talks, a pair of popsicle feet and an ogre chasing you. Just saying.

I looked around and soon found out that I was on my bed and beside was no other than Dyl. Color rose to my cheeks, so I hid behind the covers.

Wait. What happened last night? I can't remember anything clearly. Except for that time I was laughing with Dyl and this guy. Everything else was a blur. I remember dancing, but that's all my stupid memory could take me.

What happened to memorizing 3 chemistry papers within 2 hours? I scolded myself.

"Are you alright? Is there anything I could get you?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little headache. And yes, please. Maybe a couple painkillers and a glass of water,"I answered.

He nodded and stood up. I looked at his retreating back. walked through the door and closed it with a soft click.

I turned to the other side of the bed, looking at the empty space that he filled a while ago. These are some of the reasons I like him. He is so caring and responsible. Sometimes, I even doubt I show him the same amount of friendly affection.