The smell of tea danced around her nostrils as she walked into the home. She made sure to not let the door closing make loud noise. Her attention was placed on the pictures as she stood in the living room.

A small smile appeared on her face as she looked at the pictures of her and her grandfather. She was about ten in the picture and she remembered that day was one of the best days of her life. A laugh slipped from her at the memories.

Footsteps hit the floor causing her to look up and see the woman confused. The old woman had brown skin,hair placed in a bun,and twinkling dark brown eyes. Kasia smiled wide as the woman pulled her in for a hug.

"Kasia!" she said eagerly. The woman was Kasia's grandmother,Margarete. The two pulled away and walked towards the kitchen.

"Sit down,sit down." Margarette encouraged as they stood in the kitchen. Kasia nodded her head and took off her jacket.

"I was making tea and now it's done." she smiled as she fixed another cup.

"I haven't had tea in forever." Kasia grumbled as the smell danced around her nostrils. Margarette let out a laugh,she knew how much her granddaughter loved tea.

"Well,you would've had some if you came by to see me sweetie." she said as she placed the mugs down on the table.

"I know nana,I've just been wrapped up in my head. I haven't had the tea to really do anything lately." she explained as she blew on the tea.

"I didn't get a phone call or anything. That's not like you Kasia." she shook her head.

"You're right and I'm sorry. I'll be sure to start calling and coming to see you more." she smiled. Margarette nodded her head with a smile formed on her face.

Kasia looked down at the tea and bit down on her bottom lip. She was contemplating on whether or not to open up to her grandmother or stay silent. She didn't know what was going on herself so it seemed pointless.

"What's wrong sweetie? You seem at a loss,tell me what happened." she uttered.

"It's happening again." she sighed.

"Oh no,the nightmares came back?" she questioned with her eyebrows furrowed.

"It's like...it's becoming more real." she admitted clearing her throat.

"Kasia,do you think you should get back in contact with your Dr.Moore?" she questioned.

"My therapist? Grandma,I don't need to get back in contact with her. I'm just not sleeping like I used to." she shook her head.

"Kasia,I haven't heard from you in two weeks. You'd usually call me and you haven't been answering my calls." she replied.

"Nana please."

"I'm scared for you,sweetheart. I already lost your Papa,I can't lose you too." she said as tears filled her eyes. Kasia's lips parted at her crying and reached over to hug her. She felt bad for making her grandma cry.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. Everything will be fine,I just need to get some well needed sleep. You don't ever have to worry about losing me Nana." she said, hugging her tightly.

   After leaving her grandmother's house,Kasia found herself at the bookstore

After leaving her grandmother's house,Kasia found herself at the bookstore. She felt like crap for having her grandma worry like she did. She needed to get back on track with everything and fast.

Her hands grabbed a book from the book shelf. She bit down on her lip at the cover and walked towards the front. She felt like getting a new book would make everything much better.

"Hey Steve. How are you doing today?" she questioned with a smile.

"I've been doing good. I'm surprised to see you here,you haven't been here in a while." he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know,I've just felt off for a while but I'm good now." she smiled small. Steve nodded his head as he picked up the book. Kasia's eyes fell to his finger and her thoughts rolled in.

"Steve,you were married once. How come you never talk about your wife?" she inquired.

"I think you've been mistaken. I was never married." he replied with his eyebrows furrowed.

"No,no I remember you always played this song because it reminded you of her. You always said that the song was playing when you first danced with her." she explained. She saw his face was scrunched in confusion and shook her head.

"Steve, you always wore your wedding ring. You never took it off." she tried to remind him.

"Kasia,I think you need to go home and sleep. I've never been married. Are you sure you're alright?" he questioned with his face full of worry.

Kasia shook her head. She felt like she was losing her mind and the feeling wasn't good at all.

"How do I remember this and you don't?" she questioned with a puzzled expression on her face.

         ╰┈➤Hey! I'm feeling kinda of iffy about this chapter but here it is chapter four. I hoped you enjoyed it!❤️❤️

╰┈➤𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬?

╰┈➤𝐰𝐜:𝟏𝟎𝟔𝟕

𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝:𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟗,𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐