My tears dropped on her face. Her eyes began to close but I couldn't allow that. Rubbing her cheeks, I tried to keep her awake saying, "No! Don't sleep. Listen to me Sana, you can do it. Don't sleep. You can do it. You have to fight it Sana. You have to live." I began to feel frustrated and impatient and yelled at Sharad, "Hurry up! Why are you taking so long?" "We are almost there. Hold on. Two minutes," he said. "Heck! We don't have two minutes Sharad speed the car!" I yelled. I looked at Sana as her eyes were closing. "No, no, no, Sana, don't close your eyes. We're almost there. Just hold on," I said. I held her in my arms and hugged her tightly. "We're here," Sharad said. He stopped the car and ran inside the hospital to get a stretcher. "Sana, we are here. Just hold on," I said. He brought back the stretcher with two ward boys and we took her out of the car. We rushed her inside and I held onto her hand however, I had to let go when she was rushed into the room. Dr. Sharma, a known doctor to me, came and took her case. "Dr. Sharma, please save her. Please, I beg you. Save her," I said folding my hands in front of him and breaking down. "Don't worry Sidharth, we will try our best," he said. He went into the room and I stood by the door, looking at her. "Don't lose hope Sid, nothing will happen to her," Sharad said holding my shoulders. I closed my eyes, unable to see her in this state. I turned away from her and sat down. Her words kept coming to my head, 'What if I don't live to see tonight?' I covered my ears and cried. "Sidharth, Sharad," everyone said running to us. "What happened? What did the doctor say?" Roopa Maasi asked. "Don't worry. Nothing will happen to her. The doctor is seeing her," Sharad said. I sat with my face in my palms. "Sidharth," Roopa Maasi said sitting next to me, "You have to save her. You have to save our Sana." 

Her words burdened me more. I can't stand to even see her like this, how can I save her? Again, her words came back to me, 'Even if something worse happens to me tomorrow, you will be here to save me.' I removed my face from my palms and got some strength to face this. I wiped away my tears and got up. Although I wasn't authorised to attend to any patient in this hospital, I was willing to take the risk and see her. I entered the room but Dr. Sharma instructed me to go out. "Dr. Sharma, please, let me help. I need to do this," I said. "But Sidharth, you know the rules," he said. "Then, let me be your scrub at least. Please," I said pleading. "Ok," he said. I quickly wore some scrubs and washed my hands and got to work. I helped in cleaning her wounds and stitches. She got back her X-ray scans and she had a broken bone in her wrist and two broken ribs. I helped Dr. Sharma with the surgery and when it was successful, I went out and broke the news to everyone. They rejoiced and thanked God. I went back and changed as they shifted her to a room for observation overnight. Dr. Sharma came and met me. Extending his hand, he said with a smile, "I don't need to tell you anything. You know your work. But I must say, this girl isn't ordinary. She's lucky to have you. Don't lose her. Everyone saw how special she is to you." I simply nodded and went back outside. It was evening already. "Maasi," I said going up to everyone, "You all can go home. I will remain with Sana. She won't wake up for the night so you all don't have to remain. Go home and rest." "But Sid, look at you. You are covered in blood," Sharad said. "Just do me one favour now, can you go home and grab some clean clothes for me?" I asked. He nodded. Everyone left and I went into the room. As I looked at Sana unconscious on the bed, I realised what losing her is like. Seeing her fighting against death made me feel like my life was leaving me. I now realise how big a fool I was being by avoiding her. I can't, I don't want to ever imagine my life without her. My life is now connected with hers. I went and sat next to her and gently held her hand. I kissed her knuckles and kept her hand in mine. Sharad brought back my clothes and food and I changed. He took the dirty clothes back and I sat down and ate. I woke as long as I could, looking at her until I fell asleep. 

The next morning, I woke up with someone shaking me. I found myself on the sofa in the hospital room and saw Sharad. I rubbed my eyes and looked at Sana. "Sid, I think you should go home and take a bath. I am here, I'll wait with Sana until you return," he said. I nodded and took my car keys from him. I left the hospital and went back home. The blood of Sana was still on the pavement and the horrific sight flashed before me making me shiver. I quickly went inside and took a bath. I went across to the home and everyone were sitting, depressed and sad. I went and sat next to Roopa Maasi and held her hand as she cried. "Maasi, don't worry. Sana is fine. In a few weeks, Sana will be back here doing everything like normal," I said. "Her sentence has only two weeks remaining. We don't know how long it will take for her to recover completely," she said. "I didn't think about this," I said softly. "Don't worry. We will think about this later. Let Sana recover first. I'm going to the hospital, I'll call you all on any updates," I said. As I was leaving the home, I saw Viren uncle by the gate, looking at something. "Uncle, what happened?" I asked. "Sid, I know who hit Sana," he whispered to me. I frowned. "Who?" I asked. "That car," he said pointing towards Megha's house. I looked at the car parked outside her house and clenched my fists. "Also, after the accident, when we were coming to the hospital, I saw Neha talking to the person inside the car. I couldn't see the face of the person," he said. My blood boiled as I stormed over to the house.

_____________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Literally, although I wrote the chapter, re-reading it made me so nervous and anxious at Sana's accident that my heart was racing. Let me know if you felt the same. Please vote, comment and share my story! Also a huge thank you for 4000+ reads! Until next time! Bye!