07: She will be loved

Looking backwards and forwards from her father and mother, "you didn't tell him?" Seeing her mother shake her head, Brooklyn spots the chair in front of her father, but she moves it so that it's at an angle.

She's neither one of their suspects in an interrogation room, nor is she Erin. "Tonight I went to dinner with Landon Severide and his brother Kelly Severide. Landon and I have been talking since we jogged to the firehouse a few months ago."

Talking about Landon with her dad puts a damper on Brooklyns mood. She knows her father is known for being a crazy bitch; so she was trying to thread lightly. "Kelly and Hailey were with us the whole time tonight, all we did was catch up. And talked about what we were doing for the summer." As Hank turns and looks at his daughter, this was the first time that Brooklyn had ever gotten one of his stares. "Don't you dare give me that stare like I'm some hard-core criminal! I really like him, dad. Really like him. Please don't do anything irrational!"

Getting up and walking out of his daughter's room, Hank Voight doesn't voice another word to his daughter. Brooklyn couldn't even look at her mother.

How could she not try to de-escalate the situation?

"I'm tired, can you leave me and kiss Noah goodnight" not finding the strength to do anything but change into pjs, lock her door, and hit the FaceTime button for Landon,

As Landon accepts the call, he sees Brooklyn's naturally happy face, frowned up and in distress. "Are you crying, babe? Are you okay! What happens? Do you need me to come pick you up?" Showing a half smile for how caring he is, "my dad found out we've been hanging out and grilled me on us. I'm scared he may tell you to leave me alone, or make you"

Landon Severide knew that Hank Voight had a great deal of respect for himself and his brother, but that didn't mean he would allow him to date his youngest daughter. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, let's figure out how I can get your beautiful self to stop crying."

——

Brooklyn ended up going to sleep on the phone with Noah as he was lowly singing his heart out to her. She loved when he would sing for hours at a time, his voice was angelic to her ears.

Hank lightly knocks on Brooklyns' door, and slowly opens it. Hearing the distressed snores of his daughter, he also hears someone else snoring. Glancing at his daughter's phone, he sees the young Severide asleep on the other end.

He thinks about how she must've called him after their fight. He really knew how to calm the young girl down.

She always felt as if she was being silly or over-emotional. But, Landon was always there to let her know her that her feelings are valued and important.

Leaving the room, Hank softly closes the door and heads downstairs to the rest of the family. For the rest of the voight family, it's breakfast time. Olivia has Noah nicely dressed since they would be spending the day at 51.

Noah wants to learn all about firefighters, so Hank signed him up for the closest class at 51. "Was she asleep?" Nodding to his wife, "yeah, and on a FaceTime with the Severide boy. Both heavy snorers I tell ya"

"She hates me for not telling you and for not calming you down last night. She feels like all I did was sit there and let you interrogate her. Which, she 100 percent felt like you were doing by the way." Olivia has been stressing so hard over Brooklyn lately.

She knows their daughter will have a breakdown soon, but she's not sure if either she nor her husband will be around to help.

What if she's with Landon and has a horrible breakdown? Can he handle that?

"I was interrogating my own daughter, I just wanted to ask her where and who she was with last night. She'll understand one day." Hank saw nothing wrong with how he handled last night.

Boy was he in for a rude awakening this morning

As the melanin beauty comes down the stairs, still in her pajamas, she kisses her baby brother on his forehead before pouring herself a glass of orange juice. "Well good morning sweetheart, sleep well? How was FaceTime with the Severide boy?"

Slamming the orange juice onto the counter, "how dare you come into my room this morning! That's my privacy! After the shit you and mom pulled last night you should both be glad I don't let the house burn to flames! You will never get the chance to make me feel like a scared black girl ever again!"

Throwing the glass cup of orange juice onto the floor, it was more of a slam, Brooklyn leaves the room and stomps up the stairs. "Yeah Hank, she's not mad at all."

Moments later, stomping is heard and Brooklyn is pounding down the stairs. "Where are you going, Brooklyn Chino"

"For a run! Gonna put me in handcuffs and lock away the key Henry Hank?" Slamming the door, Brooklyn puts on her beats and starts on her normal path.

For the first time ever, she doesn't share her location with anyone. That is anyone other than Kelly and Landon Severide.

Playing she will be loved by Maroon 5, Brooklyn can't help but feel like dating or trying to befriend Landon is going against her father. And she couldn't figure out exactly why she couldn't be with him when their both good kids.

Ironically, Brooklyn ends up bumping into Kelly this time instead of Landon. "Hey shortcake, what's wrong?" Wiping her tears, Kelly looks her over for any bruises.

Kelly had called Brooklyn shortcake for the first time when he found out about her love for old-school, good ole pound cake.

"It's just my dad. We got into a huge fight and he's pissed that I was on FaceTime with Landon all night.  I was pissed at him for interrogating me so I left for a jog and to clear my head. Why aren't you at the firehouse?" As Kelly puts his arm around the young girl, she puts her head on his shoulder without even thinking about it. "It's my day off. Third shift remember?"

Nodding the two talk all the way back to her house, "talk to your old man, I promise Landon will always be here. He's smitten over you"

Hugging the man whose like a brother to her, "thanks kells, see you soon"

Watching the man jog off, Brooklyn turns back to the door, "time to face the music I guess"