06: Summer

It was finally summertime, and Brooklyn was excited about spending it with her favorite people of Chicago. Her mother took off for the summer, leaving everything in the hands of her uncle OdaFinn. The drama of Elliot Stabler had caused enough drama in the last few months to last a century.

Landing, there are two patrolmen to help the Voight family gather all bags into Hank Voight's Cadillac. Brooklyn, of course, was going to get dropped off at some point with Landon Severide.

The two of them had become inseparable and spent hours daily on the phone. It got to the point where she also spoke to his brother regularly when he was off shift, as well as Landon speaking to her mother's unit who was family if anyone ever asked.

Stopping by the family home and dropping off all luggage, they then head to the district to surprise Hank Voight.

Noah was excited to be in Chicago, the only thing he didn't like about the city was the heat waves they had. As the three are escorted up the stairs, they give their thank you's to the patrol men and hugs to Trudy Platt. Brooklyn sneaks off and up to the unit.

Getting up there, she sees that the unit is out, so she heads to her fathers office; plops her feet on his desk, and sits in his chair. Falling asleep, the last thing she hears is her mother's phone taking a picture.

——

As Hank Voight comes back with his unit from a lead, he gets a heads up from Trudy on their being s visitors in his office. A little apprehensive, Hank has his gun ready, and doesn't let anyone from his unit go up before him.

Finally coming to the top of the stairs, he hears the sound of snoring that sounds familiar to him, so familiar that he falls asleep to it almost every night.

Hurrying to his office, he brings his wife into a huge hug, "hi honey, why didn't you tell me you guys were getting in? I would have came and got you?"

Pulling away, Olivia replies to her husband as he picks up their son and gives him a million kisses, "I knew you were busy, two patrolmen picked us up. Brooke's favorite." Nodding, Hank holds onto his son a little longer. He doesn't get to see Noah as much as Brooke, the young child isn't as fond of Chicago as his siblings. "I've missed you so much, little man."

"I've missed you daddy" placing the child back on his feet, Hank head over to his youngest daughter, softly placing her feet on the ground, he whispers in her ear, "Princess, it's time to wake up" as she slowly comes to, she softly cries and wraps her arms around her father. "Daddy! I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too little bug, I've missed you soooooo much!" This was what Hank lived for. The goodbyes were tough, but when they got to see each other again, it was worth every tear.

"How about we go out to eat tonight? We'll go to our favorite restaurant? Dad just finished the case" what Hank didn't know, was that Brooklyn had made plans with Kelly and Landon for tonight. "Can I take a rain check? I made plans with a friend tonight"

"Sure, but just know Hailey will be watching from afar"

——

As Kelly sits across from the two love birds, he sees something in his brother's eyes that he's never seen before.

When he found out about Landon, his mother immediately took the young boy in and raised him alongside Kelly. Kelly was a late teen when Landon came into his life, and he wouldn't trade his brother for anything in the world.

Landon knew that he couldn't count on their father for much, or anything. But he knew he could count on his big brother for everything.

As Kelly saw the joy and light in his brother's eyes, he knew Brooklyn was good for him. He also knew that the Hamptons living, country club, dolce, and Gabbana girl was just misunderstood. Yeah, that was the lifestyle her parents provided for her and he brother, but she was also very humbled. And in the blink of a second, she would give it all up for the young Severide to her side.

Kelly, was in favor of their relationship. He saw no problem with the two of them growing closer and even dating when the time came. They both had an end goal and dreams set. Landon wanted to become a lawyer, and Brooklyn wanted to become a doctor. They both wanted their own private practices.

Two kids, whose beginnings were dammed, are taking control of their futures.

——

When it was time for Brooklyn to part ways with the Severides, it was easy for anyone to notice she and Landon we both upset by it. "FaceTime until we fall asleep?" Kissing her cheek, "of course, call me when you're ready"

Brooklyn was quiet the whole way home. She felt happy and safe with her family, always. But lately, New York has been bringing nothing but the pain of Elliot Stabler.

But this summer was all about Landon

And the young teen felt safe near him, in every way.

Thanking Hailey for the ride and chaperoning the dinner, Brooklyn heads into the home and up the stairs. Opening her bedroom door, she sees her father waiting on her, arms crossed. Her mother was sitting in her desk chair.

"What's this I hear about Landon Severide? Huh? And from JAY?"

Brooklyn was in deep shit this time