The story

Sirius P.O.V. (Didn't expect that, did you? 😉)

I am Sirius Black. You probably know me. Notorious mass murderer, secret keeper and betrayer of the Potters and killer of 13 muggles and Peter Pettigrew. But you have to believe me! It's not true! It was all Peter! And he faked his death!

Only if I had not given Iris and Aires to Hagrid. That stupid old coot had me under a spell! The AUDACITY! Placing the Lord Black under a spell without his permission!

Let me tell you what happened.

There were four friends: Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs.

Moony was Remus Lupin- oh, how I miss my fiancèe.

Wormtail was Peter- the traitor I told you about.

I was Padfoot.

And Prongs was Iris' father, my honorary brother, James Potter.

Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were animagi. Moony was a werewolf. Or a swearwolf.

Wormtail was a rat- wonder how we didn't recognise, he, after all, did ratted on us.

Padfoot was a dog. And, hey, dogs are known to be loyal! I was loyal to the end. But I still think it's my fault that got them killed. If it weren't for me they wouldn't've changed their secret keeper and they'd be alive.

Prongs was proud as a stag. I would've said peacock but it applies for Malfoy.

We became animagi in our fifth year to help Moony in his furry little problem. By then we were beginning to suspect Dumbledore.

At the end of the year I felt myself slip up about Remus a little to Snape. Get why I said 'felt'? It is because I wasn't in control of myself. It was like someone put an imperious curse on me.

We love pranking, yes. But we wouldn't intentionally harm someone. Well, unless you count that that someone harmed- or tried to harm- you first.

Multiple times we have felt the curse place on us and the next thing we know some Slytherin has been bullied by us.

After Snape nearly getting killed, we apologised to Snape for 'our' behaviour and told him our suspicions of Dumbledore. Apparently, he had the same suspicions and had also been felt light headed multiple times. Meaning: he was under the imperious curse when he said Lily the 'M' word. He told us he loved Lily. But as a sister.

Regulus was also under the imperious curse to not come with me to the Potters when I ran away. But it was placed by our 'lovely' parents.

We mended our relationship.

This is how our friendship began. But we had to keep it a secret.

Next year, Snape, Regulus and the marauders told Lily about their suspicions and Lily returned them.

Lily and Snape restarted their friendship and Lily got to know that James isn't actually an arrogant toe-rag, it was just a facade. She also saw the other marauders plus Regulus as her brothers.

They developed a friendship which eventually turned into love.

Our seventh year went by smoothly, Regulus moved in with the Potters and we graduated Hogwarts.

We only joined the OOTP to get information on the war.

A prophecy was made and the Potters, Regulus and the Longbottoms had to go into hiding.

Snape, in the influence of the imperious curse, told the first half of the prophecy to Voldemort.

He didn't know Peter was a Death Eater.

At the last minute, I changed the secret keeper from myself to Peter.

Biggest mistake of my life.

Potters and Reg dead.

Aires and Iris orphaned.

I left for revenge.

Second biggest mistake.

Peter frames me for the murder.

Blasts the street where muggles are watching us.

The muggles dead.

He cuts off his finger, transforms into a rat and runs down the nearby drain with the other rats.

I don't even know if Aires and Iris are safe.

I hope they are safe.

Oh, and Bella, my cousin, is also innocent. She was forced into the marriage. And you can imagine how it went.

Just then an owl flew to my and Bella's cell and we cautiously opened it.

When I saw who sent it, my heart lept with joy.