13 | Interview with @kth_disneyfanatic

Our first Featured Spotlight in June is kth_disneyfanatic - she's the author of "We are the LOST GIRLS", which plot revolves around the setting of the fairy tale Peter Pan!

• | • | •

About her: Faith is a girl whose entire childhood revolved around Disney, so she has resolved to stop growing up as all Neverlandians do

About her: Faith is a girl whose entire childhood revolved around Disney, so she has resolved to stop growing up as all Neverlandians do. Her favorite activities are writing, singing, and doing any sport whatsoever. She takes pride in her Chinese heritage and loves her gigantic family of a great-grandmother, grandparents, parents, a twin sister, an older brother, two crickets, a dog and of course Mushu the dragon.

• | • | •

About "We are the LOST GIRLS": Six girls, Kyra, Scarlet, Ianna, Astrid, Faith and Thea are each troubled in their own ways because of unexpected situations happening in their lives

About "We are the LOST GIRLS": Six girls, Kyra, Scarlet, Ianna, Astrid, Faith and Thea are each troubled in their own ways because of unexpected situations happening in their lives. To cope with loss, grief, and change, Faith decides to bring all her friends to her favorite place in the world--Neverland. Of course, she won't be able to do it without the help of her best friend who lives there--Peter Pan. The girls find a new sense of belonging, fun and identity when visiting the magical island and learn that there's never too much of faith, trust and pixie dust.

Her Favorite Quotes:

"It's kinda hard to Believe when the world has forced you to grow up, but there's no harm in trying,"

and

"I guess we all need some innocence to keep us alive."

• | • | •

1. What do you love most about writing and why?

Answer:

The thing I love most about writing is that there's so much freedom to write whatever you want. Writing can also take you to any place that you can imagine, which is great when you need an escape from reality.

2. If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

Answer:

I would tell my younger writing self to never stop writing and treasure every single story idea. I would also tell her to treasure her youth and innocence because sometimes the best ideas come to you when you're a kid as you're always imaginative and carefree.

3. Your book "We are the LOST GIRLS" is set around the fairy tale of Peter Pan and the theme of fairies. What inspired you to write this story and especially about this magical theme?

Answer:

Neverland has always been my favorite fictional place because of the breathtaking view and the many adventures you can have on the island. It's my go-to place to dream or write about whenever I need an escape from reality. Recently, there have been many changes to my lifestyle and it sometimes got overwhelming, so I decided to take my friends (who were each dealing with their own problems) to the place that I loved the most.

4. What's the best writing advice you can give to someone who writes stories about Neverland?

Answer:

I think that Neverland is such an interesting and magical place to write about. So my advice would be to let your imagination guide you in writing your story! Don't just focus on places that we already know; invent some of your own because the land where you never grow up has so many undiscovered areas for you to create.

5. If you could ever spend a day as your favorite character from the fairy tale of Peter Pan, who would you choose and why?

Answer:

I would spend the day as Peter Pan himself! Many people say he and I share a similar personality (at least the Disney version, not sure about the others): carefree, lively, not wanting to grow up, and the like. He's depicted as one of my best friends in Neverland in my book, which makes me want to spend the day as him all the more.

• | • | •

If you'd like to read We are the LOST GIRLS or know more about the author, you can find her at kth_disneyfanatic !

Thank you for reading!