12 | Interview with @lilacwriterr

Our second Featured Spotlight in May is lilacwriterr - she's the author of "The Lost Ones of Neverland", which plot revolves around a retelling of the fairytale of Peter Pan!

• | • | •

About her: I'm graduating high school this month

About her: I'm graduating high school this month. I enjoy reading fantasy and mystery books and I also love the MCU. I think a great day is just watching movies with candlelight - the movie Clueless is one of my favourites.

About "The Lost Ones of Neverland": Cleo was just a girl who lived in a small village with her mother, father, and twin brother, Matthew; Until a year ago when her twin went missing

About "The Lost Ones of Neverland": Cleo was just a girl who lived in a small village with her mother, father, and twin brother, Matthew; Until a year ago when her twin went missing. For the past year, she searched for him and she finally had her best lead yet. There was a rumor of a place called Neverland where missing boys went and that's where she was going to go to find him. But once she gets there Cleo realizes finding her brother may still be a challenge.

Her Favourite Quote: Because having a good dream but knowing your life will never be like how it was in the dream is just as scary.

• | • | •

1. What made you start writing - especially about Neverland?

Answer:

I have enjoyed writing for a while now. When I was younger when I had an interesting dream I would try to remember every single detail and write it down. I started writing on this app about five years ago and I've had a good time ever since. I started writing about Neverland specifically because I had been really interested in the fairytale surrounding it and wanted to make a story around that world.

• | • | •

2. Do you plan your books carefully in advance or do you just start writing?

Answer:

I just start writing. There are some chapters which I can plan ahead because I know where I want the story to go. But most of the time in writing in the moment and coming up with storylines on the spot. I wish I could plan ahead because then my updates will be more consistent. But right now writing in the moment works best for me.

• | • | •

3. Your book "The Lost Ones of Neverland" is a retelling of the fairy tale around Neverland. What inspired you to write this story and especially about this magical place?

Answer:

I was getting to the end of my other book and knew I wasn't going to make a sequel but I wanted to keep writing. I had been reading a lot of fantasy books and wanted to create my own. Magic and fairytales are so interesting to me and I wanted to make a story that was like that. The FMC, Cleo was an original character I made awhile ago. I hadn't planned to make a story with her but when I knew I wanted to start this new book I thought now the time to do it.

• | • | •

4. You also wrote a Fanfiction called "Into the Madness" - it's a crossover between "Once Upon A Time" and "Teen Wolf". What was your inspiration there to write a crossover between those two series and why did you choose them?

Answer:

Both Once Upon A Time and TeenWolf had been in my top shows for awhile. I had originally wrote a Once Upon A Time Fanfiction (which is now unpublished) and while I wrote it I was thinking how it would be cool to do a crossover with Teen Wolf. They both have those magic and supernatural aspect that draws people in who like fantasy. So when I finished my first fanfiction I just decided to do it and write the crossover. I'm really glad I did and I'm proud of the love story I created with my FMC, Amara and MMC, Issac.

• | • | •

5. If you could ever experience to be at any place at Neverland for a day, which one would you choose and why?

Answer:

I would want to go to Mermaid Lagoon. I have always loved mermaids. I was the type of kid who would make "potions" to become a mermaid. I would just love to meet them if I ever had the chance.

• | • | •

If you'd like to read The Lost Ones of Neverland or know more about the author, you can find her at lilacwriterr !

Thank you for reading!