XI

Olivia stood in the doorway, looking in horror as Negan and Lilith let themselves into Carl's house

Olivia stood in the doorway, looking in horror as Negan and Lilith let themselves into Carl's house. She heard the older woman ask Carl where Enid was, which briefly caused Lilith to stop in her tracks. However, after deciding to bring it up later, she quickly continued on her way to the kitchen. Negan whistled as he followed behind.

"Great, great, great!" He exclaimed, "Where's Rick?"

Olivia struggled to hide her fear as she stuttered in response.

"Don't care," Negan interrupted in a sing-songy voice, "Where's Rick?"

Lilith opened the fridge and rummaged through the shelves and cabinets. Only slightly listening to the conversation taking place.

"He's um. . . out scavenging for you," Olivia's voice shook as she spoke.

"Cool. I'll wait," the man responded.

"Um," the woman continued, "He went out pretty far. They might not be back today. We're practically starving here."

Lilith heard Olivia's voice shake as she spoke. She made her way to sit on the edge of the island, facing the others. The girl had found a Tupperware of pinkish cookies which she thought looked interesting. 

"Starving. . ." Negan mocked, "You? By practically, you mean not really."

Lilith froze. Her mouth slightly agape due to the fact she was about to take a bite. She only saw the back of her dad's head but could still tell he was enjoying himself. Olivia tried to hold back tears but failed, turning around as she attempted not to sob.

"Dad, what the fuck?" The blonde girl called out.

Negan turned to face her, "C'mon, sweetheart. It was funny—"

"No it fucking wasn't. Apologize, maybe?."

"I—" he started to defend himself but at seeing his daughter's serious look, he sighed, "You people really don't have a sense of humor." Then he turned back towards Olivia, "My daughter believes I owe you an apology. So, I'm sorry for my extremely clever joke at your expense. I wasn't being rude for the purpose of you know, being rude."

The man turned to his daughter with a smirk and gave her a thumbs up, but Lilith only scoffed and rolled her eyes.

After a moment of silence, Negan spoke up again, "Alright well, I'm just gonna put my feet up and wait for my stuff to get here. Olivia, could you make us some lemonade? I know I left y'all some of that good powdered stuff."

The woman tried to say no, "I'm not supposed to-"

But she was cut off, "Make it. Make it good."

Then Olivia ran out of the house.

Lilith chewed on her first bite of the cookie in her hand, furrowing her eyebrows.

"The hell kinda cookie is this?" She asked.