Fateful encounter (ch. 6)

(A/N-Life update thingy) I'm so sorry for the long wait for this chapter. Several people have asked me about when would the next update be, or to please update the story, so, again, sorry for that. This past year has just been pretty rough, and even if I wanted to update, I couldn't really bring myself to write anything. I'm feeling much better now tho, ig, and I've also been drawing a lot more (big part of why I became kind of a ghost here for like a year, since I want to make a living out of art or something related to it in the future). Another thing is that I've also been taking a preparatory course for the C2 English level (a kind of like title thingy that indicates your English level in Europe- it's like the highest one btw-) since as I've said before in other stories and in my community board, I think, I'm not a native English speaker, I'm actually Spanish (from Spain, yk, the country. Where the language comes from. I need to specify because I've been asked before what part of Mexico that is and similar bs).

But yeah, asides from that, I feel like I've matured a lot while I was gone, and, also, because I've been asked left an right about the girl I liked, I actually confessed in around January but I got rejected. We're still really good friends tho, so it's fine lol. Anyways, thank you for the patience and the support, as always <3 have a great day, after noon or night, wherever you are!

It took you a while to get back to the group, mainly because you were discussing different unreal scenarios and things you could but probably wouldn't do to help the other. Well, at least in his case. He wasn't going to lock you with Tsu in your room or anything like that, but he couldn't be assured that you wouldn't lock him in Tenya's, knowing you and your wild mind. He wasn't opposed to it, in his mind, if it happened, he wanted to think that he would confess to your best friend and woo him or something like that, but it was obvious that he would most likely panic (and die, quoting you. He would panic and then die.)

Once you got back to the group, you were questioned for a few minutes on your whereabouts, given that it did take you close to half an hour to go get a book and then go back thanks to your little conversation. Of course you just lied and told them that you got carried away and ended up reading all the titles of the books looking for something that mildly interested you and dragged Sero with you. And Tenya believed it. He wanted to have some faith in you and not think that what you were probably doing, in his mind, was doing a race with the stairs or some weird thing like that that you could easily do.

But, at least he got you to stay still for close to three hours, reading. Your mother would be proud. Of you for reading, and of him for getting you to read. Props to Sero for showing you the biology section too. You even ended up checking out a few books about, not only ornithology, but also traditional medicine and botanics. And a kids book about worms, God knows why.

In the end, you had to order the food for takeout, otherwise you would probably miss the curfew, but you managed to get the dumplings you wanted, plus that cool drink Mina told Tenya about.

"Aren't those... Balls... A bit of a choking hazard?" Tenya asked, inspecting the drink, now finally at the dorms. You were trying to figure out how the hell were you supposed to open it.

"... That's what she said-"

"Oh my god- MIDORIYA!"

"How do I- do I have to peel the thing or something?" You asked, looking up at your classmates for answers. You were very confused on how to open the drink, while Tenya scolded Midoriya.

"You've never had boba before?" Sato asked, sitting besides you. You shook your head, handing it to him, silently asking him for help to open it. He got the message, and stabbed the straw through the plastic. Made sense.

"Ah- thanks!" You beamed, taking the first sip of the drink, almost choking with one of the tapioca balls "It's good!"

"See?! I'm the best, aren't I?" Mina exclaimed, as proud as she could be, slamming her hand against her chest. You nodded, drinking more of the boba.