Chapter 6 - CONCEAL

Breakfast between Jungkook and Taehyung became less awkward after the hug. Both knew that there was nothing romantic about the gesture, so the familiar closeness that they had once — as best friends — came so naturally between the two. Jungkook, of course, wanted more, but decided to just go with the flow for now as he doesn't want to ruin what they're trying to build again.

As they were cleaning up after breakfast, the doorbell rang.

"Are you expecting someone else?" Jungkook asked.

"Hmmm, could be Yoona noona." Taehyung casually said as he was washing dishes.

"I'll get it." Jungkook said as he placed down the plate he was drying on the kitchen counter.

Jungkook opened the door and saw a delivery guy holding a bouquet of tulips.

(Credits to the inage owner)

"Delivery for Mr. Kim Taehyung." The delivery guy said and Jungkook took the bouquet from the guy and signed on behalf of Taehyung. The delivery guy saw the name on the delivery slip and asked, "Oh, sir, you're not Mr. Kim? If so, may I ask your relationship with Mr. Kim? I just need it for our records in case the sender asks who received the flowers.

"Boyfriend. Write it down in big letters please." Jungkook said, irritated at the thought of someone sending flowers to Taehyung.

"Noted, thank you sir." The delivery guy said.

Jungkook closed the door and stared at the flowers.
He looked at the envelope attached to it with "Taehyung" written on it.

"Who is it, Kook?" Taehyung yelled from the kitchen.

"You have flowers." Jungkook said, gritting his teeth.

Taehyung almost dropped the glass he was washing and immediately went out to check on the delivery. Knowing very well how Jungkook can get jealous, he was cursing internally.

Of all the days, why today?!?! Taehyung thought.

"It must be from one of my clients." Taehyung said as he took the bouquet from Jungkook.

Taehyung took the card and opened it. While doing so, Jungkook was observing his reaction.

As Taehyung opened the card, his eyebrows creased and from Jungkook's perspective, the older looked annoyed.

"So, who is it from?" Jungkook said.

"From nobody important." Taehyung said as he pkaced the card inside his shorts pocket and went to the kitchen with the flowers.

Jungkook followed him and was expecting that Taehyung would get a vase to put the flowers in, but to his surprise — and joy — he saw Taehyung place it in the garbage bin.  He couldn't stop himself from asking though.