Momiji Dyed Battle

Start from the beginning

This, of course, caught the attention of some abyss heralds and lectors. Aether told them to stand down and focus on their current mission.

"You need to be knocked down a couple of pegs." Aether yielded his sword and drew position.

"Wait no, both of you! Stop!" Lumine tried to interfere but was stopped by the herald. A fire ball was shot towards her, which she barely dodged, but dodged nonetheless.

This earned a look from Childe but he was too busy on defense against his own opponent.

"Back away Lumine." Aether said.

"Yeah I can handle this." Childe said swinging at Aether.

Aether chuckled. "You can handle what? Losing?" He charged to Childe who unfortunately did not dodge.

Childe slumped to the floor. Aether took his chance and swung his sword.

"No!" Lumine ran to them. The same time Childe blocked the attack, Lumine was blasted with electro, stopping her at her tracks.

This, in turn, distracted her brother who was worried of her safety.

Childe took advantage of this and knocked back Aether to regain his footing. "I told you I got this!" Childe said.

Aether clicked his tongue.

"This is stupid." Lumine groaned. She looked around and noticed multiple Abyss Lectors and Heralds eyeing her, weapons ready to strike.

She sighed and held her hand up and backed away from the two who were going against each other.

Of course that wasn't her surrendering. She was simply devising a way to sneak between the two without gaining suspicion from their audience.

She could walk her way unsuspiciously near the two and time when she'll go between them. But the unsuspicious part might be a stretch seeing as to even a small move from her makes the audience ready their weapons.

Or she could just wait for them to finish. But that's not something shw'd like to witness.

Not when both of them are clearly being wounded.

"You're both being stupid right now." Lumine clicked her tongue and brought out her sword.

Of course this made the Abyss Prince's subjects to ready their weapons as well.

Without any thought in mind she charged to the two. She was blocking and dodging abyss attacks left and right as she tried to time her interference.

"Stand down everyone!" Aether commanded but not all of them were listening, firing their attacks rapidly.

It was a battlefield in and of itself.

"Eyes on me!" Childe said, and with a swing he successfully landed a cut on Aether's cheek.

"Ajax! Don't hurt him!" Lumine yelled.

"How am I supposed to-" he was about to rant when Aether swung back. Now they were even.

Amidst them trying to get back at each other they didn't notice Lumine in close proximity.

Being that Lumine was the Abyss Mage's target, they too were close to their range now.

Another fireball was shot, Lumine was able to dodge but Childe wasn't. He fell down as his leg began to feel the burn.

Aether couldn't help but smirk.

He positioned his sword to strike and when he swung a sword clashed against his. An ear bleeding sound of metal sliding across metal rang.

Without a thought in mind he swung once more and the other was now without a weapon and with a large gaping slash across their arm. Blood began to gush out.

The realization slowly crept in Aether's mind.

"Lumine." Childe instantly stood up, wincing a bit from the burn on his leg.

"That's enough." Lumine said. It did made everything stop, but it was surely because of something else.

Aether dropped his sword. He reached out his hand but Lumine backed away. "I'm sorr-"

"I'll wait for the answers. I hope you won't leave any details." Lumine said and began to walk away.

Childe of course followed. He ripped off a piece of his clothing and offered it to Lumine as temporary bandage.

"It's fine." She said, her voice starting to get weak. Her footsteps being heavier and heavier. Her walking, a bit slower. "I can handle this."

She stumbled. "How about your leg?" She asked, before Childe could speak.

"I should be asking you the same." He said, noticing different marks on Lumine's legs and her tattered clothes.

"I'm fine. I just have to lie down a bit." She said and just after that her legs gave up on her, forcing her to fall down to her knees.

Slowly, the rest of her body did the same.

"Lumine?" Childe went down beside her and turned her over.

Aether noticed what just happened and began rushing to their side.

"Lumine." Childe shook her a couple of times as he held her in his arms. Panic began to fill him.

She wasn't responding.

"Lumine." He called her again. No response.

"What-"

"This is your fault." Childe snapped at Aether. He stood up with Lumine on his arms, the pain on his leg from earlier just flushed away as his panic about Lumine took over him.

Aether couldn't talk, he knew well he did have a part on it as he eyed the obvious scar that's going to be on Lumine's arm.

"Hurts-" For a short moment Lumine squirmed. "...A-"

The two paused. Their attention completely towards Lumine.

"A...jax. I-" Lumine clenched her hand to the wounded arm.

Childe's eyebrows furrowed, anger began to well up on him. "I'll get you to a healer." He told her.

He glared at Aether one last time before running Lumine to their allies' direction.

Even though the adrenaline kept him going, it wasnt completely enough to make him not feel his wounds.

"Sorry Lumine, just this once. This is an emergency." He said as he felt the power of electro run through his body.