T H R E E

- steve's povs2 ep 3 and 5

- steve's pov
s2 ep 3 and 5

billy hargrove is an asshole. i huffed in annoyance as he knocked his chest on my back once again. after nancy said she didn't love me and our relationship was bullshit at the party last night, i've not been the greatest. i thought basketball would help but billy hargrove chose otherwise.

"harrington, right? i heard you used to run this school. that true? king steve, they used to call you, huh? then you turned bitch." he pressed on.

"hey, maybe you should just shut up and just play the game." i replied before he knocked the ball out of my hand and i fell onto the floor.

i jumped back up chasing after him, stopping as he scored.

he cheered before walking up to me, a stupid smirk on his face. "you know, i'm here now, so i'm going to be taking everything. i already took your crown. next, your girlfriend, your place on the team."

i was going to say something but stopped as i noticed jess walked into the room, handing something to a boy on the bench. what i didn't notice, is that billy's eyes followed mine, looking the girl up and down with a smirk twice as big.

"now her, i'll do that just for me." he grinned.

something clicked in me, i'm not sure what it was but i shoved billy back, he laughed as he noticed my visible anger.

"you watch your mouth." i spat, he tilted his head at me. "did i just hit a nerve?" he chuckled.

i went to step forward but stopped once i heard nancys voice.

"steve?" she said, i turn my head towards her for a minute before looking back where jess was, we made eye contact just before she walked out. "steve?" nancy called once again.

i roll my eyes before following the girl into the ally. "what are you doing here?" i asked, crossing my arms as i looked anywhere but at her.

"what do you think? where were you this morning? i missed first period." she complained.

"i figured jonathan would take you." i responded bitterly, shrugging my shoulders.

she looked confused for a moment before she spoke again. "wha.. what are you talking about?"

i scoffed, turning away from her once again. "jesus, you really can't handle your alcohol. uh, you remember going to tina's part last night, right?"

"yes." she responded softly. "and then what?" i asked.

"i.. remember dancing, and.. spilling some punch. you got mad at me because i was drunk.." she went on, i let out a scoff before she continued. "and then you took me home."