T W O

- jess's povs2 ep2 and 3

- jess's pov
s2 ep2 and 3

i snort as i watch my brother come out of his room in his halloween costume. i warned him that he's the only person who's going to be dressed up at school but he didn't listen.

"you're going to make a fool of yourself." i warn him.

"jess. don't be mean to your brother." my mother scolded.

i scoff, crossing my arms slightly offended. "i'm not being mean i'm trying to stop him from embarrassing himself in front of the whole school." i reply defensively.

"i'll be fine. i'm matching with my friends and besides you don't know what you're talking about. everyone is going to be dressed up i just know it." my brother grins moving to the living room as my mother got out her camera.

he began to pose as my mom spoke encouragingly. i cringe slightly as she calls out to him. "oh! i want to see those pearls. yeah!"

my brother smiles widely as she takes the photo. i just shake my head.

"who you gonna call?" she spoke up again, referring to his ghostbusters costume. the camera continues to click as my brother changes his pose.

"you look cute." i tease.

he stops smiling before crossing his arms. "cute? i don't want to look cute. i want to impress the new girl, max." he blushes slightly.

"oh, yea. that's the perfect outfit to impress a lady." i retort sarcastically, ignoring dustin's scoff as i walk off smirking.

👾👾

i walk through my school looking at my shoes as i walk, mentally scolding the habit.

pain goes through me as i knock into someone nearly sending me to the ground.

"sorry." i cringe, ignoring the butterflies as hands hit my hips. i look up, my eyes widening slightly as i see steve harrington. of course this happens to me.

"are you okay?" he asks, scanning my body.

"yes. i'm fine." i reply before quickly walking off, extremely embarrassed.

everyone knew steve harrington. although i knew him for a completely different reason. and that reason is that he nearly gave me a bald patch in the 4th grade when he accidentally got gum in my hair. i was so upset i cried on the spot, extremely panicked. he apologized profoundly, blushing a little when i forgave him, which was kind of cute.