Prologue

The lone car drove on the desolated road in the view of the hot summer sun

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The lone car drove on the desolated road in the view of the hot summer sun. Music played quietly from the speakers as the sun began to set on the horizon, ending the day's chapter.

"Yeah, mom. I'm about thirty minutes from the camp," the young woman chuckled, "I doubt that there'll be any bears, mom. Okay, love you." She hung up her phone and tossed it into the passenger seat. 

She turned up the volume on her radio and continued to drive down the long road. Her GPS had timed out hours ago but she had enough fond memories of the ride to Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp to fill in the blanks.

Ring! Ring!

She took her eyes off the road to glance at her phone and grabbed it from the passenger seat. 

"Hello?" she placed the phone between her ear and shoulder before returning her other hand to the steering wheel, "Mr. Hackett? Yeah, I'm about 10 minutes away."

The young woman turned her music down before letting out a quiet giggle, "Yes, I brought extra gas canisters. You know I'm always prepared," she shook her head with a smile, "I guess old habits die hard."

The tall tree and lush bushes put a smile on her face. She rolled down her window and took a deep breath of the country air, "I'll see you soon, Mr. Hackett."

With that, she hung up the phone once more and tossed it back into the passenger seat. 

Writing and researching about the great outdoors didn't amount to the wonderful feeling of being in it. The wind against her face, the smell of nature, and the views was straight out of a postcard.  

The author couldn't wait to go to the camp even if it was only to pick up her boyfriend. 

  🦉

The group of counselors waved goodbye to the last the of campers leaving in the yellow bird bus.

Even though the summer had been enjoyable for the most part the counselors were growing tired of the vast forests and lack of internet as well as cellphone service. 

Ryan smiled at the last bus leaving. The memories of fiddling with strings to lower sails and seeing the light of understanding filling the campers' eyes as they finally figured out a technique brought a smile to his face. 

The summer was coming to an end and now it was time to take off the rose-colored glasses and return to society. 

He sighed before going into the garage and sitting against one of the many beams. He took out his phone, plugged in his earphones, and turned on his favorite podcast. Bizzare Yet Bonafide.

After a few minutes of listening to the podcast, he decided to scroll through his phone. His gallery contained pictures of knots, boats, random wildlife he spotted, and photos of his family. 

Sarah. 

A selfie of him and his sister's smiling faces stared back at him. 

Ryan frowned at the photo of both of them. 

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐘🦉𝐫. 𝐞.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें