"Do you want a drink, on the house," he nods his head over to the shelf pack with liquor.

Before I could answer for myself the Warren comes down the stairs fixing his watch. "No, she doesn't want a damn drink. All of you get out."

The man with the scars gets up, but not without making a comment. "Come on, boss, Parker just wiped the counter," it earns him a few laughs and a light smack in the chest.

I frown in disgust at his joke.

"Fuck off," Warren glares at him and goes behind the bar.

The guy puts his hands up in defense as they saunter up the stairs. We're left alone and I look down at my hands.

"Do you want water or something?" Warren asks fixing a glass of whiskey.

"Sure," I suck in a breath and swing my legs.

"Did you eat?"

I shrug. "I was on my third bowl of Frosted Flakes..."

"The doctor said not to skip any meals," he grumbles, sliding me iced water.

"I hadn't cooked anything, and I was tired, so I ate cereal."

Warren sighs as he pulls out his phone and starts texting.

I sip on my water until he is the first one to talk. He puts his phone face down on the counter . "I'm in," he leans his elbows on the counter, "I wanted to tell you that in person."

My eyes go to look at him first, I put my cup down and catch my breath. I feel like everything stops for a second. "So we're doing this..."

He nods and I watch his silver chain hand from his neck. He actually wears a lot of jewelry. His hand is full of rings and his watch is huge. He has two diamond earrings in his ears.

"So...how do we do this?" I ask awkwardly. He is new to this as much as I am, but maybe he has some type of clue.

"Hell if I know."

"We're supposed to be on the same page," I start, "so I guess we both say what we want out of this..."

He lowers his chin for me to go on. "I don't know," I gulp, "do you want like- weekends or something?"

"I'm not seeing my kid only on weekends like some damn uncle," he hardens his face.

"Well school nights-"

"I can get it to school if it needs to go," he cuts me off, "the point is I don't want there to be a primary parent."

"Okay," I say, "but that won't be until it's much older, what about while it's a baby and at home?"

"Do you work?" He asks

The double henge door opens and a man in an apron comes with wings and fries. Warren takes it like he was expecting them. "Thank you," he returns back to his low and empty tone.

He pushed the plate to me. "Eat it."

"You didn't-"

"Dawson," He says my name for the first time. "Eat the damn wings."

"Okay, fine. If you insist," I don't argue anymore. They do look really damn good and smell amazing, too. I was trying to be polite the first time, but it'd be rude to not accept this freshly cooked meal.

"But yes, I do work. Monday through Friday, 8:30-3:00," I blow on the hot seasoned fries.

"Do you have someone that can watch her?" He narrows his eyes. "I want to meet them, I don't need an asshole-"