iii - rue

AN: Kinda short chapter today

AN: Kinda short chapter today. But anyways I hope u enjoy !!

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off?"

--

"HEY, IS ANYONE in there? I really have to take a piss and all the other stalls are locked--" Andy's eyes widened as she heard a soft-spoken voice behind the door, one she didn't recognize. She glanced under the door, and came face to face with gray worn converses.

"Max?" She called out but then cringed after hearing her voice crack in the middle of the word.

"I don't know who Max is, but my name is Rue. Yours?" The voice replied, and a part of Andy wanted to come out of the stall.

"Adrienne," She mumbled, wiping the mascara from her eyes with her checkered sweater. Slowly, she stood and unlocked the door. Rue smiled as Andy stepped out of the stall, trying not to pay attention to the tear streaks on her face and the smeared makeup. She reached her hand out for Andy to shake.

"So...who are you here with?" Rue's milk chocolate eyes attempted to catch hers, but she looked down hoping that she would stop. Eye contact was something she hated, even with eyes as pretty as Rues.

"Myself."

"I'm here with my brother, Jadyn and his girlfriend. Third wheeling, as always." Rue laughed, her warm brown face flashing a contagious smile and Andy felt her lips curving upwards. Talking to rue made Andy forget about Max, and soon Andy had enough confidence to walk out the bathroom, even though she looked a mess.

Minutes later Rue and Andy left the bathroom to find Jadyn, who was not hard to find with how similar he looked to his sister. Both had light grayish eyes and coarse black hair, not to mention the matching varsity jackets.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off?" Jadyn sighed loudly letting out cigarette smoke and Rue let out a sarcastic laugh.

Andy stood awkwardly next to her until Jadyn caught her eye. Her nostrils burned as a heavy scent of cigarettes and cheap cologne entered them, most likely coming from the brown haired jock standing in front of her.

Andy rolled her eyes. He was Billy Hargrove all over again.

He gave Andy a curious look as his eyes trailed up and down her body and halted at the pearl necklace that she forgot she still had on. Slightly uncomfortable, she crossed her arms over her chest. "Who is this random white girl standing in front of me?"

Rue gave Jadyn a firm punch in the arm, which seemed to shut him up. "Her name is Andy. Now be nice to her, dumbass. Where's Bella?"

Jadyn looked slightly annoyed at the mention of his girlfriend's name. "She had to go. Got a text from her mom that her grandma had fallen again."

"Well," Rue began, her tan lips tugging at a smirk, "you should be glad you're getting a break from her. Moments like this are rare with high school girls." She winked at Andy, who tried her hardest not to smile.

Jadyn's thick eyebrows drew together, "and how would you know? You've never had a boyfriend."

"I didn't say boys, idiot. But anyways Andy, how about you and me do a lap around the rink together? I promise I won't let you fall." She winked again putting out her hand. Andy noticed the dozens of rings she had wrapped around her finger, and hesitantly she took her hand.

--

As the trio walked out of the skating rink they laughed to each other, too endorsed in themselves to see the red headed girl rushing toward them. Andy rolled her eyes and mumbled, "come on guys."

Max grabbed Andy's wrist, pulling her toward her. But Andy didn't care anymore. It was obvious that Max didn't want to spend time with her, and she'd found new friends that actually wanted to hang out.

"Andy, wait. I'm sorry, okay?" Andy let out an impatient sigh as Jadyn and Rue glossed their eyes over Max. "Why didn't you come?" She clenched her fists, trying not to show how upset she was. But damn, was she doing a terrible job.

"Dustin came back today from his camp so we headed over to his house to welcome him back. I completely forgot about our plans. But I swear I'll make it up to you." Max said, glancing away every few seconds at Jadyn and Rue. Andy could tell Max wasn't happy with her hanging out with them, so before things started getting physical she told the twins that she'd talk to them over the phone.

The sun had almost set and the breeze had settled, which usually told Andy it was her curfew. However, due to the circumstances, she couldn't go home. And even if she did she knew her mother would never let her step foot in that house again after what she did.

And as though reading her mind, Max bit her lip and sighed; "To make it up to you, do you want to sleep at my place tonight?"

--