When I asked her what would happen if a human, alive like me, were to end up there. She didn't have an answer.

I slid down from the saddle of Jager, the bony, skeletal hell horse and fixed the stray hairs of his braided mane. The hell horses frightened me at first, dark pits where their eyes should be, hot smoke breathing through their nostrils. Jager and I have gotten to know each other now and I quite enjoy his company.

"Azerynir needs to see you before he leaves, you should go there now" Elizabeth told me.

I frowned, he hasn't asked to see me in two entire months. I trudged through the snow landscape back to the castle and made my way up to his quarters.

I rounded the corner to my hall, I needed to change out of my heavy, warm weather clothes first. There stood the female demon who lived across from me. She looked frantic and shaky while unlocking her door. Her eyes met mine and we froze in place for a moment.

She looked at me almost panicked then lowered her eyes and gave me a small smile. She unlocked the door and dipped inside quickly. I opened my door and slipped inside. They never gave me a key to lock my door and while the thought never use to bother me, it bothered me now.

I thought about the weird interaction I just had with that girl. I haven't seen her at all since that time Azerynir was openly feeding off her. Was that why she looked like such a mess, she just got back from Azerynir's room?

The thought make my skin crawl and frustration crawled up my spine. I impulsively turned, opened my door, and began marching toward Azerynir's quarters.

Seeing the door to his room cracked opened, I decided he must be in there. I took a deep breath of courage and pushed the door all the way open, stepping through it.

Azerynir, who stood beside the bed, snapped his head up to me. He was buttoning his shirt up confirming my conclusions. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, crossing my arms in annoyance.

"I'm an incubus Vienna, I feed on sex" He stated. He must have known what I was so upset about before I even spoke.

"And you are done feeding on me." I snarkily replied. He only pursed his lips and continued buttoning his shirt.

"I'll be gone for a few days," He changed the subject.

"Oh no, what will I do?" I asked dramatically, sarcasm dripping from my words. I was surprised by my attitude, I normally didn't let my negative emotions show so strongly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, giving me a frowning smile.

"It's not like I ever see you anyway". I watched him walk across the room to a mirror and fix his hair.

He sighed deeply, appearing frustrated with my attitude. "I'm going to your province to return that wolf's mate". He eyed me through the mirror.

"You're going to Vales? When?" I spoke loudly in surprise.

"Mmm, thirty minutes ago," He joked looking down at his watch, "Got a little sidetracked". He said slyly. His words bit hard, making my shoulders slump slightly. The times he would relieve me have started to feel shallow. I'll admit I am jealous that she gets to enjoy him in full.

"Can I come with you?" I asked. I knew he would say no but I was hopeful. I wanted to get home to see my family.

"Absolutely not, too dangerous" He said shorty.

"Once she's returned I can go home right?" I felt excitement spread through my body at my realization.

"Nope" He popped.

"What? Why not?" I exclaimed, strutting further into the room to confront him.

"Whether you go home or not depends on your father" He stood staring at me now.

"Can't you talk to him? Convince him to just stop?" I begged.

"Not my place. I have to go, I'm a bit behind schedule." He said quickly.

I panicked and began to step even closer to him, "Wait, no!" Before I could even get the words out he was gone right before my eyes.

"Ugh!" I yelled out, stomping like a child. I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled on it. This man was going to drive me insane.

After pouting in my own self pity for a moment, I looked around his room. Azerynir being gone didn't seem like such a bad thing if it meant I had a little more freedom. My eyes fell on his nightstand first and I bit my lip, debating if it was wise to go digging through it.

"If he wants to stalk me, I get to stalk him" I mumbled, deciding to childishly snoop through his belongings. Rushing to the door, I shut it ask quietly as I could.

I walked to his nightstand and stared at it, worried about what I would find. Pushing past my feelings I opened the top drawer, a few objects lay inside but nothing notable. I opened the second drawer and closed it quickly.

Inside I caught a glimpse of what looked like handcuffs and ropes, I wasn't sure how much more of what was in there I wanted to see. I decided to skip that drawer for now and go to the bottom one.

Pulling it open I found a few books. The one on top was well loved, it looked like a journal. Carefully, I pulled it out and sat on the floor. Flipping open to the center of the book I saw handwriting and realized it probably was his.

At the top of the page was a date and scrawled across the page were a few paragraphs of writing. Not wanting to invade any further, I slammed the book close, I felt deeply uncomfortable with the boundary I was crossing. I had intentions to snoop around but I don't want to go too far.

"If you want the really juicy stuff, you should probably read the ones in the journal room"