Chapter Twenty-Seven

It's Zev and I's first valentine's day together, he's at work today. I had prepared a large dinner for when he gets home. Things have been going wonderfully with us, school and Zev's job. I got into law school a while ago but didn't have time to celebrate. I've never been happier. I hummed as I set the table, the radio was playing some soft music in the background. I can't wait for him to come home. I can't get the smile off my face.

I hope he likes the dinner I made. As I was setting the table there was a knock at the door. I wonder who that is, Levi or Ezra maybe? I set the last utensil in place and walked over to the door opening it slowly.

"Happy Valentines Day." Zev stood at the door holding a bouquet of flowers and a gift bag. His usual loving soft smile appeared on his lips. "These are for you." He held out the items.

I wanted to hug him. "Thank you Zev." I smiled as I struggled to take everything from his full arms. I shuffled over placing them on the coffee table. "I don't think I have a vase," I laughed as I crouched down next to the table. "What flowers are these?" I could see that they were red roses and tulips, but the others had not quite unfamiliar names, but I couldn't seem to remember. I was never much of a floral guru.

"Oh, red roses, red tulips, daisies, lilacs and pink peonies. I picked them out myself. Got to make my own bouquet for you," He smiled contently.

"You did a lovely job, they're beautiful." I took a whiff of the flowers. "I made a special dinner for you," I said standing up. "Hope you're hungry, though I'm sure you'll-" I was cut off by him roughly turning me around and pulling me closer to him by the waist.

"You spoil me." He connected our lips, not letting me get a word in. I reached up wrapping my arms over his shoulders. It's weird to think about but when I met him he was half a head shorter than me, scrawny too, not that I can say anything, but now he's strong, lean muscles that was hard to the touch and he's grown like half an inch taller than me. I didn't even realize he was taller than me till a few days ago when we stood side by side infront of a mirror.

He pulled my hips to his and started to be more aggressive with the kiss. I made a sound against his lips causing him to separate them from mine, but only for a second before he started to kiss his way down my jaw and to my neck. "W-wait the food...y-you should eat." I sigh closing my eyes as he bit and sucked my neck in the best spots.

"But you already taste so good." His hot breath added something amazing to the way he was kissing my neck. He ran his hands up the back of my shirt.

"Mmm, Zev," I moaned. I need to pull it together. I pushed on his shoulders peeling him off me. "Food, you need to eat before we do any of this sort of stuff." I had another surprise for him in the bedroom, but if I told him about it now he probably wouldn't make it through dinner without trying to feel me up.

"Yeah you're probably right." He pecked my lips. "Need to replenish my energy before showing you the best night of your life." He snaked his hands down to my ass groping me softer than normal. I looked up into his eyes and all I saw was love. He pursed his lips together and hugged me tightly. "I love you so much. You are so special to me." My heart fluttered at his actions and his words. I didn't hesitate to hug him back. He's so loving it's unreal.

"I love you too. All of you, and don't forget it." Never did I think I could be this happy. Four years ago when Tio told me to leave I never thought I'd end up here, with someone I love so much. Our grip on each other loosened. "Shall we eat? Wouldn't want the food to get cold." I raise an eyebrow at him playfully.

"No sir, lead the way," he giggles. "When we're done eating you need to open your gifts."

"You too." I pulled out a chair for him. He kissed me before sitting down. I sat in my spot in front of him and we began to eat. We talked a bit as we ate, and sipped some red wine. Zev had continued to thank me for the food. Every so often during seconds of silence he would watch me eat with content. After we were finished I took the dishes over to the sink.