Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Nope, I don't have to. I kissed you guys before because I enjoy kissing you, get's you all flustered, but I'm not here for that today. I actually came here to introduce you to someone." Introduce us? I guess it didn't occur to me that he did have a whole other life when not with us. Does he have friends, family, is he dating someone? Do demons date? "No Jasper demons don't feel the same way humans do, so any sort of relationships such as family or friends is nearly unheard of. Well, except for who will be here any second." Thorin crossed his arms and turned around talking out the doorway. "Took you long enough."

"Sorry it took me a second to get here, I was polishing my shoes." Thorin turned his head back towards us and rolled his eyes.

"You can do that automatically you know, with your demonic powers." Thorin cracked an amused smile.

"Of course but it's not as fun." A tall pale man with short black hair and orange eyes walked into the room next to Thorin. He was wearing a very fancy get up. A black old fashioned suit looked like something out of the history books. I made eye contact with him, there was a large scar going down his face. "Well, you must be Jasper and Zev. It's a pleasure." He placed a hand in front of his stomach and one behind his back and bowed.

"You don't need to be so formal, this isn't a council meeting." Thorin sighed as Vihaan stood up straight.

"It's simply a formality when greeting new beings." This guy is well spoken.

"Anyways, this is Vihaan, he's pretty much my father. I brought him here because he's been cooped up in our house for centuries now." This is his dad? "I said he 'like' my father. You humans call it adoptive parents. My actual parents were executed the day I was born. Vihaan's the only father figure I've known growing up."

"He was one rascal of a child." Vihaan shook his head.

"Yeah, I can imagine," I rolled my eyes. Thorin pouted, crossing his arms.

"You're quite intelligent aren't you?" Vihaan asked with a smile. I have so many questions. Is he a full demon? Like the dangerous ones, Thorin mentioned all those weeks ago? Can he read minds like Thorin? "You're perplexed, is it that you have many questions about who I may be?"

"No he can't read mind but he can sense how you're feeling." So that's how he knew I had questions.

"Why can't you read minds like Thorin, can't all demons do that?" It was just an assumption I had made about their kind. Other than Thorin and the shadow guy that has been tormenting Zev and I, I've never had contact with anything else supernatural. I was skeptical right up till Zev saw Thorin too.

"Well you see I'm not an incubus such as Thorin here. Most of his kind can read minds of humans. I can simply sense how you feel. Your deepest most buried feelings I can sense, even if you have yet to sense them yourself. I hope that does not discomfort you." I like this Vihaan guy, he's respectful and to the point.

"No it doesn't at all, thank you." I responded with a smile.

"And this must be your lover, correct?" Vihaan asked gesturing a pale hand to Zev who was sitting up closely next to me with a hand on my thigh.

"Yeah, this is Zev." Vihaan's orange eyes shifted towards Zev.

"Nice to meet you," Zev smiled, putting out the hand that wasn't resting on my thigh. Vihaan smiled taking Zev's hand into both of his own.

"The pleasure is mine. I've heard much about the both of you from Thorin here." Zev's hand slipped free from Vihaan's gentle grasp. Aren't demons supposed to be bad, ruthless creatures who take pleasure in harming humans, why is he so gentle?