Good Girls

Written by @sorchabethx

"Ugh," I groaned as the phone call went to voicemail again, "hey Jackson! Me again, Sophie. Just to let you know, I'm still at school and it's...five o'clock. School finished at three-fifteen, Jackson. That was basically two hours ago. Pick me up already!" I hung up angrily, pressing the button on my touch-screen with force. I wished I had a flip phone at that moment, which would have been so much cooler.

I plugged my headphones in and selected 5 Seconds of Summer's album. My friends told me the band was stupid and "gay", but I liked their music. The song "Good Girls" came on and I started singing along quietly.

"'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. Just turn around and forget what you saw, 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught!"

All of a sudden, I heard a sound behind me. I ripped out my headphones and whirled around, coming face-to-face with a guy. He was leaning against the school gate, clapping slowly with an arrogant smirk on his face. "You know it's considered creepy in today's society to stand there and watch someone without their knowing? It's called stalking," I retorted, folding my arms over my chest and looking at his with distaste.

"Ooh, feisty one you are," he chuckled, his startling green eyes sparkling in the light.

I crinkled my nose in disgust. "Oh God, don't tell me you're a Star Wars fan?" It was bad enough my brother being obsessed with everything Star Wars; I didn't need some random, creepy, fanatic guy on my case too.

"No, fortunately for you I'm not," he extended his hand, "I'm Carson. And you?"

I ignored his hand and waited for him to lower it. "My name is none of your concern. Now would you just leave me alone and go back to whatever you were doing? That would be much appreciated."

"So you want me to go back to listening to you sing?" "No thank you." He took a step closer, pushing himself off the gate. "What was that you were singing about? 'Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught'?" He smirked.

"So? What's it to you, Carson?" I could feel my 'obnoxious' façade slipping as his bright eyes pierced mine.

He took another step, closing in on me and forcing me to step back against the barrier. "Tell me, Sophie, are you a good girl?"

I gasped. How the hell did he know my name? He must have overheard me on the phone to Jackson. I wonder how long he's been standing there.

"I...um...I..." He took another step, resting his hands either side of my torso on the barrier. In this vicinity I could see the tiny blue specks in his irises, and the way his messy brown hair fell into his eyes. Long lashes framed them, throwing shadows across his face. My heart rate increased, and butterflies starting flitting around in my stomach. Of course I was a good girl: I worked hard in school, got good grades, and had never kissed a boy before. I could feel Carson's breath against my face and neck, and I could smell his cologne. Just inhaling through my nose gave me insane butterflies. I looked anywhere but at his eyes; I focused on the way his leather jacket creased at the elbow as he lent forward to whisper in my ear. "Because I can tell you now that I'm definitely not a good boy."

His breath against my neck gave me goosebumps, and I craved the feeling of his lips against my neck. What was happening to me?

"Carson..." I whispered, but I was cut off as he placed a single finger against my lips. "Has anyone ever told you you're beautiful, Sophie?" he asked, tilting his head to he left slightly.

Only my Mum, I thought, but pushed the words from my head, not wanting to ruin the moment. "Because I'm telling you right now, you're damn beautiful." I opened my mouth to reply, but was interrupted with Carson's lips crashing onto mine. The kiss was passionate and intense, and about a million thoughts were running through my head as our lips moved in sync. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up by my waist onto the metal barrier, and it took all of my willpower not to wrap my legs around his torso. His hands stayed on my waist, which I was thankful for, because I really didn't need some bad-boy feeling me up right now. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy, and so was my head.

Suddenly, he broke away. We both gasped for air, and he didn't look so arrogant any more. But, within a split second, he regained his posture and his smirk. I, however, did not recover so quickly. He stepped back, letting me slide off the barrier of my own accord. Quickly, he lent forward and whispered in my ear. "Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught, Sophie. Remember that and don't let yourself get caught." He drew away with a satisfied smirk and walked away slowly, leaving me staring at him, trying to collect my thoughts. I snapped out of my trance, though, when my brother pulled up in his car and beeped at me. Could that kiss turn me into a bad girl? I would just have to find out for myself...