The back door sat directly opposite the tiny gate that opened out to the small strip of sand. If you walked maybe forty steps then you'd be able to feel the ocean at your feet.

Arthur continued to explain every detail about this house, until finally, finally he went through the tiny white gate and we were walking along the beach.

I couldn't pay attention to a single thing he was saying, my skin burned from the heat in the best kind of way. We were filming in Greece, but it didn't feel like it.

It felt like our very own island with sand, water and just us living here. The boardwalk was visible at the end of the beach, as well as little shops and a couple diving areas.

Even Evie was excited at the sight of a little ice cream shop right outside the house. Arthur was staying in the main house as he owned it, but the rest of us were staying in mini cabins to the left of his.

All of our houses were sat on the beach, but they were much smaller. There was no complaints on my end, having a space to myself is much better than sharing one with the entirety of our crew.

"I'll let you guys look around while I say hi to some of the old crowd, they'll be wondering how my life is shaping out." Arthur and his dad used to live here until he was ten, then he moved away but his dad managed to keep all these houses.

We waved to him and then it was just us, again. She glanced up at me and I looked at her. "My keys?" Evie waved vaguely to my hand as I nodded.

She holds out her palm for me, but apparently, my brain didn't let my hands know to just drop them in, as I lower them onto her hand. Our fingers brush and the small contact makes both of us pull away.

The keys drop to the floor with a loud clanging noise that vibrates off the wooden porch like nails on a chalkboard but ten times worse.

Both of us leaning down to get it doesn't ease the tension either, she sucks in a sharp breath when my hand hovers over hers. I raise my eyes to her and she's already looking at me.

Except the tiny moment is over when we stand up simultaneously and lightly bang heads. She holds her forehead to soothe the pain.

"I'm gonna get ice-"

"Yeah, I'll see you later." Both of us mumble an excuse and go our seperate ways. She slams the door behind her and I walk off to the left to get to my house.

They are right next door to each other with connecting porches, we have a wooden bench along with some flower pots lying underneath the fence of the porch.

Except none of that really matters, it's the view that makes this entire ordeal. The waves lapping against each other and all the sandcastles dotting the sand.

Every inch of this place sends a shiver up my spine, because right here? I'm finally home.

I leave my suitcase in the bedroom and check out the rest of my house for the summer. It's cold from all the open windows but it'll feel like home in no time.

Right when I get settled into an armchair in the living area, two loud knocks are rapped on my door. I reluctantly push myself upwards and make my way over, opening the door before the person can knock again.