Chapter Thirty Two

A SUDDEN PULSE of light exploded with a burst; the force was so strong it shoved Elsa away from her sister. She landed backwards on her palms and shook her head as it pounded, white flooding her vision. She blinked rapidly and her vision thankfully cleared. She looked up to find Mama and Papa had both been flung backwards away from Anna's body.

Unexpectedly, Anna began to stir. She groaned and her fingers gently scraped against the dry grass.

Elsa's heart lurched as Anna slowly pushed herself up on her elbows. Elsa swiftly crawled back over to her, ignoring the sting in her hands from the slap, and Anna glanced around before her eyes finally settled on Elsa.

"Anna!" She swiftly flung her arms around her sister and drew her in. She felt Anna's strong embrace around her waist and it was the best feeling she had ever felt. Her sister was alive! She never wanted to let her sister go, but she had to figure out what had happened. She gently pushed Anna back and studied her from head to toe. All her scratches, all her wounds, they had stopped bleeding and were miraculously healed.

She stared at Anna's wide grin. "How?" She couldn't contain her own smile. "How is this even possible?"

"Anna!" Her parents dove in and wrapped Anna up in their arms, hugging and kissing all over her.

Anna looked down at herself before chuckling. "I have no idea," she finally responded.

"True love."

Elsa glanced past Anna's shoulder, and Anna twisted her head around.

Aloni was clinging to Kristoff's arm. "That was the spell I used on Kristoff that froze him." She sheepishly glanced up at her older brother — though, now she was truly older by thirty-five years. "I knew that no one loved him more than I ever could. I knew, or at least thought, that only I could break his curse. But I didn't know that just the act of true love would unfreeze him. I couldn't have you getting in my way," she directed at Kristoff, "and that's why I cursed you." Tears dripped down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry."

Kristoff placed his hand tenderly over Aloni's ear and placed her head on his shoulder. He tenderly kissed the top of her head, but never replied to anything she had said.

Elsa turned her attention back to her sister as Anna glanced her way at the same time. "Love," Anna said softly. "That's how you saved me." She looked back at Kristoff. "That's how I saved him." Kristoff cocked his head. "Not because I loved you, I thought you were a statue, but because I was thinking... of you." She turned back at Elsa. "And despite how angry I was, I still loved you. More than anything."

"Your love must've been what thawed me," Kristoff said.

Elsa glanced between Kristoff and Anna. Both had saved one another.

"And now..." Elsa glanced down as Anna placed a hand over her pale fists. She glanced up to find Anna's warm and gentle smile. "Now, we must finish."

"Finish?" Elsa asked, confused.

"The dam," Papa chimed in. Elsa turned his way. "Setting the spirits free."

"But..." Elsa shook her head. "Arendelle..."

"Will be fine," Aloni interrupted. Elsa looked her way as she knelt down beside her. "The Nokk. With your powers combined, you can save Arendelle from being destroyed."

"But... how?" Elsa gave a look of concern.

Aloni simply smiled in reply. "You'll know what to do."

Anna squeezed Elsa's hand. "Let's do this."

Papa pulled Anna to her feet and Mama immediately wrapped her up in an embrace. "I'm so glad you're alive!"

Anna returned the hug before gently pushing her mother away. "There will be time for hugs later, but now, we have work to do." She grabbed Elsa's hand and sprinted away. "Papa, have the men ready the barrels!"