Pg. 2 || The new employee.

"I quickly fell asleep only dreaming the perfect job would fall into my hands...but I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get it."
.
.
.
Y/n's POV:

I yawned tiredly as I sat up on the couch. I looked at the wall for a moment. Completely spacing out for a few seconds until the remote for the TV fell off the couch. Completely snapping me back into reality. "Goddamn it.." I muttered, standing up to pick the remote and the batteries that were knocked out when it fell. I sat back down onto the couch, placing the batteries back inside of the remote. "I should go change..after all, that shitty food joint is the only reason why I even have a place to stay in.." I said to myself, placing the remote down and standing up.

I changed into a black T-shirt and baggy pants. I grabbed my jacket and slid it on, walking over to my skateboard that was leaning against the wall. I took my keys and skateboard then rushed out of my apartment. I placed my keys inside of my jacket's pocket and hopped onto my board. After a few minutes of riding on my skateboard, I finally arrived at
'Rustic's food joint.' I took a deep breath, hopping off of my skate board and placing it somewhere. I shoved my hand into my pocket in search of the keys. I took my hand out and unlocked the door, walking inside.

I turned the light switch on, looking around. I spotted my boss leaning against the counter. He looked at me bored, he straightened his posture and walked over to me. "Hello L/N, We have a new person joining us today. They are running a bit late, but they should be here in a few minutes.." He looked down at his watch then back at me. "You're also gonna help them throughout the day. Make sure they become familiar where everything is and how things work around here." He spoke again. "What?! Can't you get somebody else to do it?" I asked, looking at my boss coldly. "Don't raise your voice at me L/N. You have worked here longer then any of the other workers have, I'm sure you can manage." He said, slightly glaring at me. "Fine, whatever." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"I have to go now, good luck L/N." He sighed, turning away from me and walked out the door. Placing his hand into his pocket and answering some stupid phone call. I ran to the washroom, gripping my jacket. "That asshole has the audacity to lower my pay and make me work harder?? God! I will literally punch that asshole in the face! Ugh!" I yelled, pulling my hair in anger. I looked up at the mirror again to see a girl, staring at me with worry. I quickly let go of my hair and turned around. "Oh my god! I am so so sorry you had to see that!!" I said embarrassed. Covering my face with my hands.

The girl stepped away from the door, revealing herself. "It's fine! Don't worry about it! Are you Y/N?" She asked me, I took a deep breath. Pulling my hands away from my face, calming down. "Yes, but uh..are you the new person my boss told me about earlier?" I asked. "Mhm! I'm Hailey! Sorry if I seem difficult to handle.." She spoke quietly, her expression  turning sad. "What?? I am so so sorry! I didn't know it was you, please forgive me! I didn't mean any of things I said earlier, you aren't difficult! I was just having a bad day and I ended up taking it out on you.." I frowned, she looked at me with a smile. "I forgive you! Now, how about you and I get the place ready?" She spoke, changing the topic. "Oh, uh of course! Come!" I smiled, grabbing her hand and walking out of the washroom to open the place up.

She smiled, letting go of my hand. I watched as she cleaned the tables and windows then, unlocking the main entrance. She walked over to me, "Is..is that good??" She asked nervously. I nodded, I watched as her smile grew bigger. I looked up to see a few customers walking inside and taking seats. 'Maybe today wasn't gonna be so bad after all?' I thought to myself.

Hailey's POV:
.
.
.

'I did it! I made my first friend here!' I thought to myself. I looked at Y/N, watching as they walked to each table. Asking each person for their orders and writing it down. I smiled, grabbing a pen and notepad. Walking over to a table. "Hello! I'm Hailey! Welcome to Rustics food joint! What can I get you guys?" I asked excitedly. I listened to their orders carefully, writing each one down. "Okay! Got it! I'll be right back!" I said, walking away from the table to another.

I looked at Y/N who gave me a thumbs up. I held up a thumbs up to them and a friendly smile. I turned my head away from Y/N and continued going to each table to get everybody's orders. After making sure I got everybody's orders, I walked over to Y/N. "Hey N/N! I got the orders! What do I do now?" I asked. "I'll prepare the orders, how about you go give the customers some refreshments?" They suggested. I nodded, giving them the notepad filled with orders and walked away to do as Y/N had told me.

'Today is going amazing! I cant wait to work again here tomorrow!' I thought to myself, grinning excitedly.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, if there is any mistakes. Please tell me and I will make sure to correct them! But if you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments!

Anyways! Hello hello! It's me Rumi, I am Sugar! Since I prefer writing fluff better then spicy!
I am 12 years old and I usually don't do writing but for the sake of this book, I will try my best to write more chapters.

That's it for today! See you in chapter three! Bye bye!!

— Rumi/Sugar.

NOTICE:

Rumi is no longer working on this book!!!