Chapter twenty two

Adrian's POV

I get to campus about to make my way to the conference room, where I have a meeting with a few students on the board when I'm stopped by the students rushing out of the conference room towards my direction.

" What the hell is going on ? " I stop one of them and ask him

" You need to see this for yourself Adrian " he mutters and I follow him with the others towards the University grounds where a large crowd have already formed. I make my way among them , a lot easier since , they make way for me when they notice me.

" Shit !! " I mutter once I get to the middle of the crowd and I see the pile of ashes. The smell of burnt flesh still lingers in the air. I wonder who the unfortunate vampires were. I thank the damn heavens that , I have an embedded scar on my neck with serves as protection against sunlight, since I'm royal, and therefore this shit can never happen to me.

  Long ago when the witches were still among the Glade maze and council, the Baron's of the various clans made an appeal to them, to help them make something different about the royals , something that will differentiate the royal families, from the other clan members. The royal families of the werewolves chose to be immune to silver, while the other werewolves were. Which makes their royals very strong and way more dangerous, because they are practically immortal. The royals of the Bigfoot clan asked for a longer life span , since they happen to have a way shorter one than even humans. The most a Bigfoot can live is a 100 years old. The humans needed nothing since they aren't supernatural and only needed reassurance of their protection in the Glade maze . The vampires on the other hand asked for the ability to walk in the sun , without the use of the daylight rings. So the royal families are embedded with a scar that the witches created and is passed on to their generation mysteriously .

  This was all until the witches decided to rebel against the Glade council , their reason unknown to me. We were lucky they never considered taking back their gifts from the royal families, since they were behind their banishment. 

  I don't get much time to analyze the scene before me when the space around me clears out, and the student body make way for the Chancellors and the Barons. Things just got much worse for the people behind this attack. And I have no doubt it is the werewolves. I only hope the Chancellors don't ask me to account for this , like they did the previous attack.

" Due to the current situation, school is going to be out for today , all lectures postponed. Other informations will be passed on to you later on today. Everyone is dismissed for today please get home safely. " The head Chancellor says and everyone scurries away.

" Adrian, get someone to clean this mess up and met us in the board room in twenty  " The head Chancellor instructs me and I give him a quick nod and get to work.
I find a few freshman vampires and ask them to collect the ashes of the deceased and their rings for storage.
We'll probably use those to gain more information later.

When I get to the double doors that lead to the boardroom, I immediately stop when I hear shouting from within.

" How the fuck could you let this happen " I recognize Baron Nax's voice as he probably yells at the Chancellors. I've never been in a meeting with the Glade council before but with what I've gathered , they're very hard to please, aiming to protect the members of their clans my dad being one of those hard to please people.

" With all due respect Baron Nax , I should be asking you the exact same thing. The chances of the werewolves doing this is very high " Chancellor Woods speaks up. He definitely knows what he's talking about since he was the one to face the culprits after the first attack.

" Come in son , I can smell you " My dad says from behind the door and I cuss myself internally. I quickly straighten myself and walk into the board room. All eyes follow me except Baron Nax who keeps glaring daggers at the vice Chancellor Woods.

" Are you trying to say my people did this ? " Baron Nax snarls at both Chancellors going back to the conversation at hand.

" I say we don't know anything till we get enough information and evidence" the head Chancellor says with much force.

" Adrian , I want you to deal with the investigation. We need just a small amount of people involved. Organize a small crew and get to work. " The head Chancellor orders me and with a curt reply , I exist the board room.

  I let out a woof of air once I'm out. Where to start? Where to start? Organize a crew he says. Fuck that ! I don't need a fucking crew , I can do this by myself. But wait where do I even start?

Sey! Of course Sey! She and her friends were suspect for the first werewolves attack. She's gotta know something. Or she doesn't know shit.
Either way , it wouldn't hurt to see her. I walk straight to the parking lot, the campus is nearly empty except for one or two people. I'm about to enter my car when a voice stops me.

" Addy boo " Of course Paige

" When did you come up with that ?" I ask her as she approaches me with her two little minions , including the one who tried to blow me at Mills's party. Paige rolls her eyes and gets closer to me

" You're leaving without me ? " She wraps her arms around the neck of my white button up shirt and looks up at me

" Didn't even know you were on campus. You need to leave now. The Barons are here and they want everyone out of campus. " I tell her pealing her off me. The last thing I need is her smell all over me when I go to see Sey. I'll probably just have to make a quick stop home to change into something that hasn't got her scent all over it.

" Why? you're not gonna offer me a ride home ? Some boyfriend you are " she gives me a nasty smile and I almost shriek away from her.

" Get in the car. Now. Your minions are not coming " I tell her and settle down behind the wheel while she says goodbye to her friends. Once she joins me I drive off campus back to our territory. Half way through the drive I remember something to ask her.

" What did you do with the vervain vessel I got you? " I ask her giving her a side glance. She picks at her long black nails nervously

" Nothing? " She shrugs. I give her a hard stare and focus back on the road . I have much more important things to deal with.  I drop her right infront of her house much to her dismay and drive home to mine. After a quick shower, I put on a long sleeved black sweater and dark jeans and  decide to take my motorcycle to the Bigfoot territory. Since it will be less easier to spot than any of my cars. Those creatures are very protective of their place. But I can't seem to fight the urge to stay away. I just keep going back there. Whether is just business or to see her. I just keep fucking going.