The School's Going To Be Shut Down

Thank you for giving this story a chance and please leave any comments below. Sorry there isn't much talk from my OC, I just wanna get past this first episode to the good parts. Long first chapter lol. Slow start**

A robo turtle teetered and tottered as students zipped past on their bicycles. It appeared to be holding a note addressed to 'Mikan and Hoshika'. As it walked it slowly leaned onto its side, finally falling over with it's robo-like legs still moving. From the place of the robo turtle, you can hear a young girl's voice.

"Please sign this petition, so that our Satsuki Elementary School won't get shut down!"

Hoshika watched as the girl yelled pleadingly atop a desk toward a group of other schoolgirls. She had large light brown eyes with light brown hair to match. Her hair was pulled into two pigtails tied with bows and her bangs fell in front of her face but didn't go past her eyes. Her classmates watched in wonder.

"Mikan-chan, what are you doing?" A girl with dark hair asked.

"An opposition campaign!" she answered, one hand clutching a megaphone and the other up in the air.

"An opposition campaign? What for?" she asked, "What do you mean, what for?! Because of the district merger, the school is gonna be merged into a city school!" she cried, "Our school is going to be shut down!"

The girls looked at each other before responding to Mikan.

"Oh, don't you think that'll be better than being at this run-down old school?"

"Ah, then that means they'll pick us up in school buses!"

"Plus they have cute uniforms!"

"You idiots!"

Mikan jumped down from her podium and held her fists close to her face, "This school is filled with all of our precious memories!" The girls looked up in wonder, "Memories, huh?"

Mikan nodded her head. "Yes, you know you have them! Precious memories! Lots of 'em!"

As Mikan skipped off into her 'Precious Memories' wonderland, she failed to notice that the group of girls along with everyone else in the classroom had long since left said classroom. It was only her and her best friends Hotaru and Hoshika left.

"Mikan, I love that you're thinking about us and all, but yapping away to yourself when nobody is watching makes you look silly." Hoshika flicked Mikan on the forehead.

She was a very pretty young girl, with long flowy black hair and bangs cut right across her eyebrows, above her dark brown irises. Her eyes held a sort of mystery to them. She wore cute pink overalls with a white shirt underneath. Her backpack was hanging loosely from her left shoulder.

"Hotaru, Hoshika! Nice timing!" Mikan flung herself onto Hotaru but before she could 'glomp' her Hotaru put a hand right on her face keeping her at arm's length. Hotaru was also a delicately pretty girl, she had short black hair with purple eyes and she held a stoic gaze.

"Just so you know... the district merger and the school getting shut down have nothing to do with each other."

Mikan pouted with her fingers touching, "R-Really?"

"Simply put, they don't have enough money. Neither the village nor the school." Hotaru stated. Mikan's fingers started moving against each other, "Money? Even if they don't have money, it's the government's job to provide us with a quality education." She said in a small voice.

"And that's why they want to merge us with a city school," Hoshika chimed in, "Since they have more money, after all."

Mikan looked surprised by both of her friend's statements. "W-What! B-but..." she lowered her voice several octaves, "If they shut down the school, just where is the Senior Club supposed to play gateball?!" ..is what Grandpa is saying." Hotaru just looked at her and Hoshika decided to stay out of the conversation.