And Then I Saw Her Face

It's been 3 days since I had my meltdown, and life has returned to normal. Today seemed like it would be no different, nothing unusual had happened. Recently, I've been feeling depressed, tired of doing the same routine every day. Though it's not like I could change things up, since I don't really know what else I would do. Looking at Colin and Iris, I'm happy for them, but at the same time it makes me feel lonely.

     I decided to take a walk around the complex to ease my troubled mind. Sadly, no matter how far I walked, the pain followed. I decided to head back, after all, I don't have any reason to be here. Then, I saw something that made me stop. The path I used to come here had been flooded, and I wasn't in the mood to get my clothes wet. I decide to turn around, and find an alternative path back. It doesn't take long for me to find a door reading "maintenance halls." I decide to give it a try, and make my way down the metal stairs.

     Not long after, I began to feel something was wrong. I couldn't help but hear crying, and quite frankly, it freaked me out. Deciding that I have to be brave, I continue on until I reach a tunnel. I walk down the tunnel for a few minutes, and the crying gets louder. When the crying is loud enough that I should be right next to the person, it stops. Suddenly, I see something blue dart around a corner, and I follow suite.

     I find myself cornering someone, and they turn around. "W-Who are you?" They ask, but Im aghast at how pretty they are. "*clears throat* Sorry, my names Neo, I was just trying to get back home when I ran into you." I say, and she sighs. "Sorry, I'm just kind of shy." She says, and I give a nod of understanding. "Why aren't you down here anyway?" I ask. "What do you mean? This is my home." She replies. "Alright, well I'm just going to continue on, don't mind me." I reply, but she grabs my arm. "Don't leave me all alone! Please!" She begs, and I sigh. "Alright, if you want." I say, and she beams at me. "Thank you!" She says, jumping up and down. "Just a question, how old are you?" I ask. "Well, about 23." She replies, and I smile. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

     We've been talking for a while now, and I decide that I should head back. "I gotta go, see ya." I say, but she stops me. "Can I come with you?" She asks, and I nod. "I don't see why not." I say, and, with her holding my hand, I walk to the other side of the tunnel. After climbing some stairs, I find myself on the other side of the water blockage. "Well, that's convenient." I say to myself, and continue walking.

     Soon, I find myself outside our home, and I open the door. She stays back, and she won't budge. "Come in! There's nothing to worry about!" I say with a smile. It seems to reassure her, and she takes a step in. "Oh hey Neo, who's this?" Dr. K asks, and I smile. "This is- Wait, what's your name?" I ask. "Oh yeah, my names Penelope. Nice to meet you!" She says. "Well don't just stand there, come take a seat!" Dr. K says, inviting her to sit on the couch.