I stopped and invited her for a ride home to which she agreed. I took the ice cream and put it in the back so she can sit. "You got ice cream?" She asked. I smiled and said, "Yeah, I promise Sana that I would get her ice cream so, I have to." "You got ice cream for her?" She asked frowning. "I know that you all don't get along as well but if you give her a chance, you will see that she isn't bad. She's really nice," I said. "Sid, I think you should stay away from her. She's a city girl and her habits and likes won't fit in your life well. You have to get a girl that understands you and your priorities," she said. "Like?" I asked casually. "Someone like Megha," she said. I frowned. "Megha and I are just friends," I said. "I know but don't you admit that you like her? I mean, everyone knows that you do," she said. I stepped on the brake abruptly making her swing forward. "I'm sorry," I said and continued driving. "Sid, I don't think anyone knows you as much as I do and I know that you get lonely sometimes. When Sana's punishment is up and she has to go back home, do you think that she will remember you all? No. She will return to her old life and live like she always had," she said. The rest of the drive home had me thinking about her words. I was lost so I didn't hear if she said anything else after until she shouted out to me by my name. I stepped on the brakes and stopped the car. "What's wrong?" I asked. "We're home," she said. I looked around and saw that I didn't even realise that we were back. "Sorry," I said. "Where are you lost?" She asked. "Nothing. I was just thinking about something," I said. "I'll see you. Thanks for the ride," she said and was about to get out when I stopped her and said, "I wanted to talk to you." "Yeah, tell me," she said. 

"You haven't spend a single minute with Sana and saying all that you said about her won't be right. Sana is as sweet and caring as Megha. I am not comparing them both but I am telling you. Being brought up in the city doesn't make her bad. She's just different and in a good way. She always stays herself and doesn't change with other's opinions. As far as her sentence is in question, I know and I truly believe deep down in my heart that Sana will never forget any of us. Yes, she might be here for a short period of time but she has become family and she is very special to everyone. I will only tell you that you should try to get to know her better before passing judgement because that doesn't befit you," I said. She looked at me a bit irritated and said, "Bye Sid." She got out and I went back to the home. I took her ice cream and carried it for her. Roopa Maasi was sitting with her and reading to her a book. "I'm back," I said smiling as I entered. She sat up, excited as she smiled. "And my ice cream?" She asked. "I have got it. Sugar free ice cream," I said sitting on the bed. She stretched her hands out and I handed it to her. She took a moment to feel it and then felt for the opening. I took it from her and helped her open it. Getting the spoon, I took some and said, "Ahh..." She opened her mouth and tasted it. "Hmm....this is really good," she said. Maasi smiled and left. "Where did you buy this?" She asked. "On the other side of town," I said casually feeding her another bite. She held my hand with her mouth showing her awe. "You mean, you went to the other side of town to buy me ice cream?" She asked. "Yes, why?" I asked. "Doc, are you alright? Do you need a neurologist to check your brain?" She asked. I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm and said, "I promised you that I would get you ice cream so I only did this for the promise." "That you made to me," she said smiling. "Well, that's the only place that I could have bought sugar free ice cream so I had to go," I said feeding her more. "Thank you," she said. 

After one hour, I took the bandage off and dropped the medicine in her eyes. I tied back her eyes as she sat holding onto my hand because of the burning. I allowed her to if it made her feel better. "Are you hungry?" Maasi asked coming into the room with lunch. My phone rang and I answered it. "Sid, aren't you coming today?" Neha asked. "But, I don't have any appointments today," I said. "No, I mean, to see Megha," she said. "Oh! I'm sorry, I won't be able to. I have to remain with Sana," I said. "What happened to her?" She asked. "Chilli flew in her eyes and she's in a lot of discomfort right now. You know how to apply the balm so you can do it for Megha. I have to remain here," I said. "But..." she started and I quickly said, "Ok. I have to go." I hung up and looked at Maasi and Sana arguing. "Sana, you have to eat," Maasi said. "I'm not hungry," she said. "If you don't eat, your medicines won't work," Maasi said. "Roopaji, this is eyedrops. I don't need food for it," she said. I took the plate from Maasi and signaled to her that I will feed her. She got up and left while Sana sat and continued, "You can ask Sidharth. I don't have to eat food for eyedrops to work, don't I?" I remained quiet. "Roopaji?" She called. "Maasi is gone," I said. She pouted and hit my arm saying, "Why didn't you tell me?" "You were too cute arguing by yourself," I said and as soon as she opened her mouth, I pushed the spoon inside with food. She took a moment to come out of it and chewed. As she swallowed and was about to speak again, I did the same. "Sid..." she started but I cut her saying, "No. Don't speak with food in your mouth." She chewed quietly and swallowed. This time, she didn't open her mouth to talk. Taking the food on the spoon, I sighed and said, "Ok, tell me what is your problem." As soon as she opened her mouth to talk, I did it again. I was amused. "Sana," I said giggling, "Why are you behaving like a child?" "I'm not. You all are treating me like one," she said. "Lies! You ate almost an entire tub of ice cream and you don't want lunch now," I said. "That's your fault that you bought it before lunch," she said. "I guess I can't find myself disobeying you," I said. She remained silent and her cheeks turned red.

_____________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!