Chapter 1 --- Prologue

It had been a year since the recovery of the death of Shiloh Abrahams and Marcus Byers. It's safe to say that It was completely my fault that the case had been solved. Without me, Everyone would've been dead. Nobody believes I solved the case, but the fame is less important than this.

       9 months ago, It was May and you'd never know how much blood one May can possibly hold. A lot of us escaped death, including me, but a few of us didn't. I guess everyone moved on about Shiloh, and were mourning for Marcus Byers, the buff jock, now. But Shiloh was my best friend, that was last seen with a bobby pin with a duck charm slit in her throat, bleeding uncontrollably, spread across Ramone Calloway's bed. I could not deal with the feeling of finding her dead. I could not deal with the fact I'll never see her ever again. 

    Some girls, including Shiloh, thought Marcus was hot. He really wasn't, his heart was ice cold. How could he possibly be described with a heart in fire emoji? Whatever they say in him, Shiloh fell for him, and Marcus fell for her. They were established as a couple 3 months before they both died. It was the worst mistake both of them has ever made. I wasn't jealous, of course. I never liked Mr. Brad-the-jock. 

    Today I went through the messages me and Shiloh giggled about Marcus. I think I almost cried,  now 17-year-old me seeing 16-year-old-me-with-a-best-friend-called-Shiloh me testing Shiloh. 

Nola:

I have no idea what you see in him. He's a pervert.

Shiloh:

You're just jealous I'm dating a prom king and you're going out with Gulliver the geek. 

Nola:

Gulliver's not a geek, He's cute. Plus, we stopped going out 2 weeks ago.

A tear smudge the word Plus. I suppose I should get on with telling you about how I found Shiloh and Marcus dead, and how I barely escaped  death.