Chapter Three

Word Count:1576

"Wake up my pretty kitty. I have a gift for you." Phil groaned and rolled over, trying to fall back asleep.

"C'mon, get up now or you won't get to see what I got you." Phil slowly sat up and stretched, seeing Dan sitting on the bed next to his thighs. Phil smiled and crawled to Dan, sitting in his lap. Dan gently pecked Phil's lips before placing Phil on the bed so he could grab the box behind him for Phil to open.

"There's another one after this." Dan waited for Phil to untie the gold satin bow on the top of the velvet black box. Phil gently pulled on the bow and placed it on the bed and then carefully pulled the top off of the box to find a black and white collar. (Oh look it's on the side or top depending on what you're reading off of)

"If you don't like it I can get you a different one..." Phil quickly shook his head and gave the collar to Dan to clip around his neck.

"I love you," Phil mumbled into Dan's neck.

"I love you, too, sweetheart. Do you want to see your other gift?" Phil looked up at Dan with excitement in his blue eyes and nodded.

Dan led Phil into the room he had before he started sleeping in Dan's room. Phil hadn't been in it for a while, usually spending time in PJ's room or with Dan. On the shelf that was filled with figurines now had pictures next to them of the places Phil had been interested in when looking through books while in Dan's office. Almost everyday, Phil found another beautiful place he wanted to see. Phil had of course made a list of the most beautiful and his favourite had been Japan. He loved the flowers and the culture, just everything. Dan had even started letting Phil watch Japanese anime with him.

"I thought you'd like to have photos of Japan, America, and France. You seemed to really love them so I put some things in here. I was going to wait until your stuffed Totoro arrived but I just couldn't wait to see if you liked it or not." Dan could see that Phil loved the new addition by the way he was smiling and continually looking at the photos.

"Go play with PJ while I work today. I'll make lunch soon, okay?" Phil nodded and Dan walked with him to PJ's play room.

Phil sat near PJ's softer toys and played with them while PJ was on the other side of the room with his personalised figures, courtesy of Dan. Dan watched for a couple minutes before going back to his office to make a quick phone call.

"British Hybrid Records Office. This is Charlotte Clarke, head of kitten hybrid records. How may I help you, Mr. Howell?"

"I need the records of PJ Liguori and Phil Lester emailed to me by tomorrow."

"Anything specific, or all records?"

"All records. Including private records as I am the legal owner and guardian of them both."

"Yes, sir. I'll have them sent by 6 pm today. Is that all you need?"

"I need the forms for the green, yellow, and red exercise, as well as the criminal records of Cheyenne Richardson and Matthew Miller."

"I will send as much as legally possible. Goodbye, Mr. Howell."

"Thank you, Ms. Clarke." Dan hung up the phone and turned toward the door to see Chris standing there.

"Why were you on the phone with Charlotte Clarke? Whose records do you need and why?" Chris asked.

"Chris, I'll tell you soon but not now. Wait until I get the records. Okay? Can you make lunch for Phil and PJ?" Dan left the room and headed outside to his car.

****************

Chris walked into the play room to see Phil sat looking out the window with a wobbling lip and tears threatening to fall.