5

Dwarika POV.

It's been long enough... when are the owners of this place going to come. It's so unnerving to have a certain someone clearly staring at you.
He was staring at me so evidently, even when I caught him staring, he wouldn't budge to remove his gaze from my face. So creepy.
No matter how this person was, there was no doubt that the kids who called him 'chacha' ( uncle) were the cutest beings to be alive. How could someone not go 'uwu ' after looking at them. It seemed that the kids too didn't seem to be having any problems with me, for now atleast. That's a plus point, I guess so atleast.
I heard the doorbell ring while I was playing with the kids sitting on the floor just infront of the lavish sofa. I stood up fast and looked towards the direction of the door as that.. whoaa I don't even know his name... but how does it matter anyway.
That 'guy' got the door twisting the habfle and stepping out of the way of a couple to enter. As soon as they saw me, a look of curiousness formed on their faces.
I introduced myself saying," Hello, my name is Dwarika Mehra and I am here as I got to know that you were looking for a babysitter. I wanted to apply for the job." As I saw their faces now loosing the curious look but adoring small smiles I eased and continued,"I am sorry for coming unannounced and disturbing but on the other hand I really wanted the job. " I finished and tried to make my need for the job evident.
From my past experiences in looking for jobs, the first thing I learned was to show that you really need and want the job.
"Sure, don't worry we are not at all disturbed as we too are in need of a babysitter nonetheless. " said the pretty woman who I took as the mother of these kids.
"Have you ever done anything related to babysitting before? We were actually looking for a professional in this strata of job." Said the man in the couple. He made his point his clear by saying that he needed someone who has probably studied this kind of stuff. His eyes judged me up and down and I had a feeling that he thought that I was not experienced which was not wrong.
Obviously, they were rich and so they won't just need a certain someone who is just starting part-times. Still I thought of a way to pursue them and said,"I don't have experience in working as a babysitter and get paid, but if we considered just taking care of kids for the whole day , I can assure you that I have done those kinds work for hundreds of times since I was a kid myself. " I tried to sound appealing but the man's face did not change it's expression as he said," so you are saying that you don't have any professional experience, am I right?"
Oh no. That's all I could think. This is clearly not going the way I wanted it to be going.
"Y-yes." I managed to say.
"Then it's no use to waste your time and mine as well, so you can leave."he said with strerness.
"Bu-but." I tried to form some words , a sentence...something..God this is not good.
"Thank you , please leave miss." I again heard that man's voice .
"Sure s-sir. Thank you for your time." I said as I started towards the door before I felt someone gripping my wrist.
I turned to see that 'guy' . "Leave your number here." He said handing me a notepad and a pen I had earlier seen on the coffee table.
"Why-why do you need?" I started asking but he shushed me.
"Just do what I say and leave." He said coldly and I just gave my number and left before turning to smile at the lady standing at the door waiting for me to leave.
"Bye and have nice evening." I wished and rushed out, not able to stop myself from feeling miserable suddenly.

As soon as I  reached to my apartment and closed the door I slid down the door my back rubbing through the door's surface. Soon enough tears left my eyes. I stated sobbing for no reason I could pin-point to.
What was it? Me missing my parents or not getting a job I wished I could. I didn't know but all i seemed to care now was to let it all out.
When that man... the father i suppose was rudely talking to me, I forced my will to back answer ,to rescue my self respect going dound the gutter . All I did was to hear and then comply.
That's what I have don't ever since mother and father left. I would have no need to do these jobs only if they were here nor would I keep shut infront of rude people. This is just not who I am.
I used to live freely , not caring what others thought . My only goal was to keep my parents happy and achieve my dreams. Was it something so difficult for the Moon to give? I just wanted a simple, normal life with my mother and father, supposedly finding my soulmate and have a sweet little family.
Now look at me barely keeping up with college so I can provide for myself and then also listening random people talk nuisance to me.
Now I only wish for someone who would understand me and support me.
It is too much to ask?

---×---

I know, I know this was not that good of a chapter nut ill try my best to give a better chapter next time.
Till then... I love you 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖.