6

Dev POV.

Why in this world am I this happy about having some random person's number? I am going crazy on I don't know what?
But to think of it now,  I was quite taken aback by how my brother acted infront of her. He usually isn't this rude to people. On the other hand he probably must have had a tiring day at work.
Why did I ask for her number anyways? I don't quite properly remember her name as she just said it once while introducing herself.
Dari? Something from D right? What was it though? I think I have heard that name before in some religious texts. What as it? Eureka! I felt the light bulb in my head turn on and guess what , I remember her name. DWARIKA!
I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Aksh crying. I rushed down the stairs worried if he had hurt himself or something. I practically ran towards the kid sitting on the couch with his sister frantically trying to calm him down.
"Anya, what's wrong, why is he crying this much?"  I asked my niece.
"I don't know, I was in the washroom when I heard him crying and so rushed towards him." Said Anya.
I stood and went for the bottle of milk and got it for the kid, but he refused which ment he wasn't hungry. I even searched him for seeing if he had any bruises indicating that he hurt himself, but found nothing,
I tried soothing him after taking him in my arms and also made funny faces to get him to smile atleast. Inspite of that , all he did was wail even more.
So I called sister-in-law just to find her cutting my phone calls. I tried calling my brother as the last option but he too cut the call. They probably were at a meeting or so.
Aksh did not seem to be stopping anytime soon either. Only if the kids had someone better than me to take care of them. I seriously am the most clueless when it comes to kids. They really need a babysitter.... wait a minute.  I do have the number of a certain someone who claims that she is good with kids. Should I call her? Well I don't have any other option anyways.
I sprinted towards my room , got the notebook carrying her number and dialed to her.
It took atleast 5 gells for her to pick up the call.
"Hello? Who is this?" I heard voice that seemed non-chalant.
"Oh.."My brain literally stopped functioning after hearing voice. Why you must ask, do you think I know? No I don't.
" I am that guy... the guy you left your number to... the babysitter needing house's guy. You know the one you thought was a worker?"I said.
All i heard for a while was her sighing heavily and then... silence.
"Why did you call me? " I heard asking .
" that's because I am in a situation where I really need your help. Please come to my house again as my niece us crying, a lot . I am not able to make him  stop. Soo...?" I explained hoping she might agree.
"why do people like ruining my Saturdays by saying please? Godd" I heard murmur and then continue...
"Fine, I'll come in 5mins."
She cut the call after that and I had a kind of a feeling I could not explain. The thought of seeing her again was exciting me and then getting me nervous too.
I stopped functioning only after hearing her voice... what will happen when I see her again?

Dwarika POV.

Hmph. Audacity of him to call me and ask for help when his brother practically rushed me out of the house.
Anyways I was lying around as my job wouldn't start till 5 in the evening so I could just go and do some good.. right?
I walked down to the house after looking in the mirror and checking if I was presentable enough to look well.... kind of okay infront of 'him'. Why do I want to look 'okay in front of him? Do you think I know? Cause I don't.
5 steps away from the house and I could hear the said child's wailing.
I ringed the doorbell and it was answered in a flash by the 'him'. God I really need to know his name now.
"Oh thank God you came... come in fast." He said in a hurry and led me to a room. It seemed to be the kids' room .
I saw the crying child and rushed towards him. Taking him in my hands I slowly started swaying him in my arms and starting humming. Then took him to the kitchen slowly resting him on the kitchen counter. I got a glass of water and let the kid slowly drink water. He seemed to be thirsty. By now his crying had subsided to only a sad face.
I took him in my arms again and went to the front yard and set him on the hammock there. But he seemed to be uncomfortable there so I too sat on the hammock and placed him on my lap.
The child slowly curled up and placed his head on me.  So I took the hint of him being sleepy and so I started swinging in the hammock and hummed.
Only minutes had passed and I had found him sleeping. The older sister of the child ran towards me and said," is he asleep? Should I take him to his room?" She was talking in a hushed tone taking in consideration the little one sleeping.
"Oh dear, tell me, I'll take him there, no problem and yes, he is asleep." I said as I was controlling myself from smiling widely because of her cute voice.
We made our way through the front door and reached the room where I placed the kid on his crib and covered him with a thin blanket.
While coming outside I started talking to the little girl and got to know that her name was Anya whereas her brother's name was Aksh.
I heard footsteps coming towards me so I looked up from Anya's face to the 'guy'.
"Umm....Thank you for helping me. " he said while running the back of his neck . It showed he was awkward with me and so I decided to end misery and walk out of the house now that the kid was well and sleeping.
" I'll take my leave now that Aksh is asleep. Make sure to feed him after he wakes up. " I stated heading out but felt a tug at the sleeve of my sweatshirt . I looked down to find Anya looking at me with pleading eyes. I bent down to her level and asked," is something wrong sweetie?"
To which she replied and asked me to stay with her to play a little, as there is no one she could play with.
I agreed as I didn't have anything better to do anyways and we both started doing random things in the front yard. Only until I heard a car pull up nearby.
I heard someone saying, " are you that obsessed with having a job at our place that you are now sneaking into my house ?"

---×---
Yooooo... so how is this chp?
Did thou like it?
Anyways love you 😍 😘 💗 💓 💕 💛 😍