3

Dwarika POV.

It's been 2 months of being lonely. Though I had friends no one can take place of parents. As soon as I lost them my paternal side cut ties with me completely. One less person to divide their fortune with. That's what I was for them from the start anyways. An asset they would have to share their property with.
My maternal side was the complete opposite. They supported me with anyways possible. Though they lived in far away states...they came and helped me with the funerals and supported my wrecked state.
But they to had to leave and I was left yet again..... alone.
Though there was money left by my parents.. a significant amount for me to get through a year or more. But I  opted to save it and take up different part-time jobs. My nanni (maternal grandmom)  and naanu (maternal granddad)  send me money every now and then... but this money too goes in my savings account.
I soon got a job at a nearby Cafe and also some other tasks like one- day jobs.
I am studying cooking as my major as I aspire to become a known patisserie. Have a small bakery of my own and live a simple life.
But now as things have turned out to be like this.... I am not sure anymore. All my inspiration for cooking..my mother is no more. I am trying my level best to continue without breaking.. I am trying not to cry myself to sleep each night.
But it seems as a distant dream I cannot achieve anymore. Without any support can I do it? I am no lead actress of a movie who surpasses all difficulties without breaking. I am weak. I am just constantly trying to fulfill my father's last request... be cheerful or atleast act like that.
People around me have now made out that I am back to being stable and am no longer a wretched piece of human.
That is what my acting has accomplished.  Atleast no one is worried because of me ... that's an accomplishment.

Dev POV.

UGHHHHH
What is happening to me? I am so confused about that incident from back then in the Cafe. It's been two days since I felt that. I still don't understand.
"Dev? Dev come down fast" I heard my older brother's voice from the living room. I moved out of my room and the stairs led me to the living room down.
"Yes bro?" I asked as I walked down to the living room.
He was sitting there with sister-in-law at his side and their two kids silently playing with each other at the corner.
"Dev.... when are you going to go back to live with your parents?" My sister-in-law asked me. I considered her as my own sister and respected her. But this question....it's not something I'll prefer to answer.
"Bhabi (sister-in-law) , you know they will only force me to work in their company and nothing else."
"Then till when are you going to hide with us.... living here... we get calls from them each day asking about your whereabouts, they are worried about you so atleast tell  them that you are safe and living with us.. will you just do this...please. I can't look at them so worried anymore."
"Don't say please to me bhabi, I am just like your little brother ain't I?...... it's just that I want to first put all my focus on creating music and do what I love the most... and I can't even understand why they want me to take over the company at just 21 years of age."
"Dev.... we are just asking you to tell them that you are safe and talk to them too." Said my brother who was silent till now.
"Bro please understand me too... you  had the privilege to chose your own job then why can't I have a choice like that too."I tried to make sense and just finish this conversation.
"It is because my job is stable and yours is not." Brother raised his voice a little. Now I don't see how this conversation is ever going to end.. it's the same saga again and again... brother defending parents and me defending myself while sister-in-law stays at neutral.
"This is it.. I can't take it anymore, why don't you understand that music has such high scopes and is being loved all over India. Why is your 9 to 5 job good when my interests don't matter... why!?" My voice too raised a little as I restrained my anger and desperation as much as I could. A tear dropped down my eye as I soon dried it off before anyone could see it.
Brother just sighed and moved towards his bedroom. My sister-in-law came and placed her hand on my back in an attempt to calm me down and soon followed her husband towards their bedroom. The little 6 year old niece of mine took her 1 year old little brother in her arms and followed behind her mother probably sensing the tense atmosphere.

Just what is happening in my life? I can't do what I love cause certain people who are my family think it's not a stable courier option. Then I come hiding in my brother's house and now as I struggle to sell my music to entertainment companies there comes this girl from the CafeShe now takes up my whole day as I can only think about her and nothing else.
Thoughts surfassed my mind as head back to my room.
Sitting back on my desk I again started producing music. I never noticed when I fell asleep.

---×---

Heya.. sorry for the late update ... this was just a filler chapter so get ready put on your seat belts for what is coming next!
Byeeee
❤ love you.

---×---