Pain of remembering

"So, since you hated my gift so much, I thought we could try something smaller. Something more manageable." Narrator went on to explain as Stanley followed the directions that were provided. "I can't give you another picture, but I can show you something. Now just through this door and you'll see."

Stanley came to his "boss's" office where Narrator had directed him to go. He went through the door and it closed behind him as usual. He made his way through the first part of the office in puzzlement. It wasn't new to be up here. What could Narrator possibly have planned? Though, his thoughts were cut abruptly short as he opened the door to the main office and looked up the stairs. Another man stood there. He was taller than Stanley by a few inches, thin yet strong build, had dark brown hair, and glasses. His dark suit contrasted with his red tie and piercing white eyes. He almost didn't look real.

The man smiled nervously, his face a shade of pink. "Hello, Stanley. It's nice to finally be down here with you."

Stanley stood there stunned. He wasn't sure how to react or respond. Narrator cocked his head to the side and began descending the stairs, "Stanley? Is something wrong?"

Stanley shook his head and slowly moved forward. He gave Narrator a once over then shoved him against the wall, pinning him there by his chest. Narrator gasped in surprise, looking down at the human taking control over him. Stanley's eyes were narrowed in fury. He finally had his chance to show just how much pain he had been through. However, something in his mind told him not to. He bit his tongue and roughly shoved Narrator into the wall once more before letting go and backing up.

"Please tell me you're not about to commit suicide again..." Narrator laughed dryly but his voice was full of pain. Stanley shook his head.

"Alright. I trust you. So...you don't like my model? I can change it for you-"

Stanley shook his head again and waved his hands, "No, there's nothing wrong with how you look, Narrator."

"Oh. Then...what's wrong?"

Stanley let out his breath silently and turned around to pace a bit. "Now that you're here I'm really thinking of switching places. See how you like being tortured for years."

Narrator blinked. Stanley couldn't be serious, could he? Then again...Stanley wasn't the happiest with him right now.

"I...I see... How about this instead; If I do or say ANYTHING that upsets you, you can shove me. Does that sound like a fair deal?"

Stanley looked over at him, unsure if the offer was genuine. Narrator held up his right hand and kept his left behind his back.

"If we have to reset and I forget our deal you can smack me. Better?"

Stanley blinked. Then a smirk plastered on his lips. "That's not a bad idea, Narry. But..." Stanley's thoughts trailed off momentarily, "I don't want to hurt you. I just want you to remember what you did to me."

"I..." Narrator started, for once speechless. He told Stanley that he remembers some of the stories before the reset. He never told him WHAT he remembered, though. His mind suddenly flashed through all the painful things he had put Stanley through. His villain monologue while Stanley ran from button to button to try and stop the countdown, pushing Stanley to climb the staircase that leads to nowhere and he jumps off repeatedly until he died... The endings when he got pissed off and threatened Stanley before it cut to black.

Narrator nodded curtly, trying to hold back the pain he felt. "Right. So...is that your way of saying you don't want me here?"

Stanley thought for a moment. Soon, he rolled his eyes and loosened his expression. He held out his arms in front of him and stepped forward. Narrator flinched, "Don't-" Stanley cut him off with a tight hug. Narrator tensed up, puzzled. Slowly, though, he lifted his arms and hugged Stanley back.

"This is...new."

Stanley's face burned red, he didn't want to admit it to Narrator or himself, but he had started feeling something other than hate towards him. He felt as if this hug was going on for too long, so he grabbed Narrator's collar of his shirt and shoved him away again.

"Oh- What, we're done here? I thought there'd be more, honestly. Your kind baffles me, Stanley."

Narrator watched after Stanley with a raised eyebrow. Stanley turned around again and shook his head. He waved his hand in a "follow me" motion before he started to walk out of the room. Narrator blinked then obeyed and followed.

———————————
Hi again! Sorry for the slow updates and the parts getting shorter, I won't lie, I'm having some trouble writing. But, for those of you interested, I have a Tumbler with a Stanley Parable AU! Asks are open, I'm working more actively on my comics more than writing this (even though I really want to finish this because I know you want to see where the boys go next) so just be patient! I'm hoping to get something up within the week. <3

Tumblr: The Healing Duo
Instagram: blake_thenarrator
Snap: blakenarrator